Pay model limitations

Everything related to MakeMKV
wyopanther

Pay model limitations

Post by wyopanther »

I was hoping to get some clarification now that MakeMKV is moving to a pay model. Would we be paying for the software as a whole or just for the Blu-ray functionality. In other words, if I want to use MakeMKV just for standard DVDs, would I still have to pay to use? Thanks.
mike admin

Re: Pay model limitations

Post by mike admin »

wyopanther wrote:I was hoping to get some clarification now that MakeMKV is moving to a pay model. Would we be paying for the software as a whole or just for the Blu-ray functionality. In other words, if I want to use MakeMKV just for standard DVDs, would I still have to pay to use? Thanks.
Blu-ray only. DVD and AVCHD are free and will stay free forever.
beamman

Re: Pay model limitations

Post by beamman »

Can you clarify if you mean we'd have to pay specifically for ripping from Blu Ray physical disks, or will we have to pay for ALL Blu-Ray related functionality?

In other words, if all I'm doing is taking HD TV mpeg2 streams recorded OTA, remuxing them into Blu Ray formatting (to avoid having to transcode down the HD elemental streams), creating ISO's from such files and then using MakeMKV to create MKV's out of such ISO's--but NOT involving any ripping from physical Blu Ray disks--will I have to pay the license fee once the program is out of beta?