Which audio track(s) to rip off blu ray?

Everything related to MakeMKV
ryanjk333

Re: Which audio track(s) to rip off blu ray?

Post by ryanjk333 »

That is exactly what I do, except I keep all English subtitles as well.

Back to audio, though. I have a receiver that can decode DTS-HD and TrueHD, so to keep anything less than that is pointless for me. The only other place I play my movies is my laptop, on which I've installed the Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre software, which can also decode DTS-HD and TrueHD, so again, there's no need for me to have lossy DTS or DD tracks in my MKVs. If whatever you play your MKVs on can decode these HD audio formats, even if just down to stereo like you say, I wouldn't bother with any lower quality audio tracks unless you have a receiver or something you really wanna play your MKVs on that only supports DTS or DD, in which case having only an HD audio track could result in having no audio at all. And really, all new receivers you can buy these days decode HD audio.
MakeMKV registered!
LG External 12x Super Multi Blue Lightscribe Blu-Ray Rewriter BE12LU30
Popcorn Hour C-200
crowfax

Re: Which audio track(s) to rip off blu ray?

Post by crowfax »

This post is a straight up copy and paste of an earlier post here:
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4454

martin86 is what's known as a "me too" spammer; so called because they post a series of seemingly harmless posts where they agree with people, then they add spam to their signature when they get to 100 posts or so.

Please ignore him until the mods can delete his account
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox