1.7.5 DTS-HD MA decoding

Everything related to MakeMKV
SamuriHL

1.7.5 DTS-HD MA decoding

Post by SamuriHL »

Mike, it shows that it's looking for a dll in the expert mode properties. Can you tell us a little bit about what it's looking for and how we can use this new function? Thanks!
Romansh

Re: 1.7.5 DTS-HD MA decoding

Post by Romansh »

I wonder whether it's Windows-only - with a .dll extension, it looks like it may be :-(
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Yea, almost assuredly. But I'm wondering if it's the dll from ArcSoft's TMT or if it's supposed to be the "wrapper" for it. Just trying to get some clarification on what dll it is and how we use it. I pointed it at the ArcSoft dll but it didn't seem to change anything or give me any options to decode DTS-HD MA.

EDIT:

Just did a search and the dll it's looking for is from Corel WinDVD. I don't think I have that installed on any of my machines at the moment and have lost my install media for it due to a hard drive crash. I'll have to see if Corel will let me re-download it and check it out.
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

SamuriHL wrote:I pointed it at the ArcSoft dll but it didn't seem to change anything or give me any options to decode DTS-HD MA.
What to do with DTS-HD is probably specified via a conversion profile, no?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Romansh wrote:
SamuriHL wrote:I pointed it at the ArcSoft dll but it didn't seem to change anything or give me any options to decode DTS-HD MA.
What to do with DTS-HD is probably specified via a conversion profile, no?
Probably but that's why I was asking for clarification. And it's the DTSHDDec.dll from Corel, not the ArcSoft one. I had fortunately backed up my WinDVD 2010 Pro install files on one of my HTPC's so I was able to install it, patch it to the latest version, and pull the DLL from it. Going to see what happens now.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Ohhh Mike...... :lol:

Code: Select all

Saving 1 titles into directory D:/MOVIES using profile 'HD Profile' from file 'C:\Users\Samuri/.MakeMKV/HD.mmcp.xml'
External DLL 'dtsdecoderdll.dll' from location 'C:/Users/Samuri/.MakeMKV/DTSHDDec.dll' is unknown - either too old, too new or being tampered with
That's from WinDVD 2010. So I tried TMT5:

Saving 1 titles into directory D:/MOVIES using profile 'HD Profile' from file 'C:\Users\Samuri/.MakeMKV/HD.mmcp.xml'
External DLL 'dtsdecoderdll.dll' from location 'C:/Program Files (x86)/ArcSoft/TotalMedia Theatre 5/Codec/dtsdecoderdll.dll' is unknown - either too old, too new or being tampered with
Beats me what it's looking for! But I at least have a profile ready to test it for when we find out. :)
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Ok, ignore what I just previously posted. :) It does require the ArcSoft TMT5 dtsdecoderdll.dll. It just has to be the right version. (Don't ask). Once I pointed it to the right one, it started the conversion. But sadly it died shortly thereafter. All it told me was that it failed to save title 1. So, I give up and will wait to see how others make out.

But for sure it needs to be pointed at the correct dtsdecoderdll.dll from TMT5. For those that use LAV Audio this shouldn't come as any surprise. :)
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Romansh wrote:I wonder whether it's Windows-only - with a .dll extension, it looks like it may be :-(
No, it's multi-platform, explained here - http://www.makemkv.com/dtshd
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Very nice! I guess I'll have to play around with it more to find out why it's not working for me.
ryanjk333

Post by ryanjk333 »

Can anyone please tell me what I would need to change/add to my conversion profile file to make DTS-HD conversion to FLAC work? I assume something has to be done there, but maybe not...? I'm using the conversion profile I downloaded from here:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4776#p19577
Thanks!
MakeMKV registered!
LG External 12x Super Multi Blue Lightscribe Blu-Ray Rewriter BE12LU30
Popcorn Hour C-200
Bionic71

Post by Bionic71 »

ryanjk333 wrote:Can anyone please tell me what I would need to change/add to my conversion profile file to make DTS-HD conversion to FLAC work? I assume something has to be done there, but maybe not...? I'm using the conversion profile I downloaded from here:

Thanks!
I'd like to see a profile tab/editor for MakeMKV's advanced options so everyone could be apart and use it's more advanced features... please
nikonizer

Post by nikonizer »

mike admin wrote:
Romansh wrote:I wonder whether it's Windows-only - with a .dll extension, it looks like it may be :-(
No, it's multi-platform, explained here - http://www.makemkv.com/dtshd
Thanks Mike, works like a charm for me.

Never ever had any problems while processing Bluray's.

Regarding the issue when MakeMKV tells you that it's not able to handle a title - deselecting the Subtitles for your native and/or foreign languages helps most of the time.
Then again, I don't know what seems to be the problem regarding this issue.
I'm not into subtitles anyway, not even the forced ones.

German is my native language, usually I love to have english audio as well - can live w/o subtitles.

Oh and btw - thanks for this very nice tool @ Mike.
DUB RAY

Post by DUB RAY »

Im still not able to figure this out.

I have TMT3. I was able to locate the .dll file from the codec folder.

I hit apply and nothing happens.
holunder2

Post by holunder2 »

Hey, seriously:
ryanjk333 wrote:Can anyone please tell me what I would need to change/add to my conversion profile file to make DTS-HD conversion to FLAC work? I assume something has to be done there, but maybe not...? I'm using the conversion profile I downloaded from here:

Thanks!
MakeMKV makes this big announcement of the exciting DTS HD-MA decoding but we don't get the right identifier for the conversion profile. Then you can forget the announcement, it's worthless if the function is in MakeMKV but we don't know how to use it! Please enlighten us @mike admin!

Edit: "DTSHD-multi" at least doesn't give me an error in the MakeMKV log, but the resulting file has still a 1:1 copy of the original DTS HD-MA stream. Please, give us the right identifier!
ryanjk333

Post by ryanjk333 »

holunder2 wrote:Hey, seriously:

Thanks!
MakeMKV makes this big announcement of the exciting DTS HD-MA decoding but we don't get the right identifier for the conversion profile. Then you can forget the announcement, it's worthless if the function is in MakeMKV but we don't know how to use it! Please enlighten us @mike admin!

Edit: "DTSHD-multi" at least doesn't give me an error in the MakeMKV log, but the resulting file has still a 1:1 copy of the original DTS HD-MA stream. Please, give us the right identifier!
Exactly the same issue I'm having....here I thought I was the only one!
MakeMKV registered!
LG External 12x Super Multi Blue Lightscribe Blu-Ray Rewriter BE12LU30
Popcorn Hour C-200