MakeMKV - Difference between Windows and Mac versions

Everything related to MakeMKV
glen8

MakeMKV - Difference between Windows and Mac versions

Post by glen8 »

Hi all,

First up, love MakeMKV. I've been using the trial for the past week and ready to buy the full version.

I have a PC, and just ordered a new Mac Book Pro. My question is, is there ANY difference between the Windows and Mac versions of MakeMKV

as in, if I exported an MKV from a BluRay disc on Windows, and did the same on the MAC, would the file be identical (bit for bit)

Thanks!
Smithcraft

Re: MakeMKV - Difference between Windows and Mac versions

Post by Smithcraft »

It's essentially the same.

The files should be identical.

SC
mike admin

Re: MakeMKV - Difference between Windows and Mac versions

Post by mike admin »

glen8 wrote:I have a PC, and just ordered a new Mac Book Pro. My question is, is there ANY difference between the Windows and Mac versions of MakeMKV
For all practical purposes - no. There are couple mac-specific quirks (DASPI, runing a second instance), but you're unlikely to notice them.
glen8 wrote:as in, if I exported an MKV from a BluRay disc on Windows, and did the same on the MAC, would the file be identical (bit for bit)
MKV files always differ a bit - there is a random segment unique id, time stamp, version of application that created the file, etc. Aside from this meta information, yes, they would be the same. If you demux the MKV file, the stream files will be identical.