Windows 10 Crashing 1.9.5

Everything related to MakeMKV
LoutishXY

Re: Windows 10 Crashing 1.9.5

Post by LoutishXY »

I cannot solve this issue. I did a fresh install of 1.9.5, disabled bitdefender free, then ran as admin. Still get a fatal error..
Momro

Post by Momro »

I have the exact same issue. I'm using Windows 10 Home with BitDefender 2015 Plus (bought).

I open MakeMKV 1.9.5 and a popup says "MakeMKV-BETA Benachrichtigungsfenster" ('MakeMKV-BETA Message Window', in the title), "Fehler aufgetreten, Programm wird beendet." ('An error occured, closing the program.'). I see that the CD drive has been scanned, the green bar is at 100%.

I have disabled BitDefender scanning the three mentioned files, and I think MakeMKV did not scan the DVD before I did that, but the error is the same.

Windows error log reports (I will roughly translate from German):

Name of invalid application: makemkvcon64.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55b55755
Name of invalid module: ntdll.dll, Version: 10.0.10240.16430, time stamp: 0x55c59f92
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Error offset: 0x0000000000093a48
ID of invalid process: 0x1f44
Start time of invalid application: 0x01d0df673032032c
Path of invalid application: C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\makemkvcon64.exe
Path of invalid module: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
[...]

Any idea if previous versions of MakeMKV work? I cannt find any downloads on the website :-/

Disabling CD/DVD drive scanning didn't help either.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Old versions are always at /download/old/

However, it is doubtful an older version will help, because the issue was first reported with 1.9.4, and possibly older versions.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
jnbeaumont

Post by jnbeaumont »

I had similar problems with Windows 10, MakeMKV and Bitdefender Antivirus 2015.

Solved my problem by running MakeMKV as Administrator, and excluding ALL the MakeMKV exe files from BitDefenders scanning, as mentioned in a few earlier posts, but I also found I had to exclude the MakeMKV folder and the processes of these exe files from Bitdefender's scanning as well.

Thought it might be overkill, but it worked for me.
Momro

Post by Momro »

Thanks for your replies. I got it working!

I added all exe-files to the exclusion list of processes and files/folders, then reverted back the changes.

When I blocked makemkvcon64.exe as the last process, and no other files/folders were in excluded files/folders, it stopped working, so I guess the solution is to add makemkvcon64.exe to the list of excluded processes and allow it.

I hope this will help in the future ;-)

[edit]Oh, and I don't need to start MakeMKV as admin, works as normal user, too!
theRichardHarrison

Post by theRichardHarrison »

Momro wrote:Thanks for your replies. I got it working!

I added all exe-files to the exclusion list of processes and files/folders, then reverted back the changes.

When I blocked makemkvcon64.exe as the last process, and no other files/folders were in excluded files/folders, it stopped working, so I guess the solution is to add makemkvcon64.exe to the list of excluded processes and allow it.

I hope this will help in the future ;-)

[edit]Oh, and I don't need to start MakeMKV as admin, works as normal user, too!
Has anyone fixed this with the free version of bitdefender? There doesn't seem to be a way to add to the excluded list.