Unselect All tips?

Everything related to MakeMKV
MilesAhead

Unselect All tips?

Post by MilesAhead »

I can't seem to figure out how Unselect All in the context menu is supposed to work. I'd love it if I could hit it once and have it deselect everything. But as it is, it seems to deselect complete columns on some things and not others. What's the secret? I try placing the mouse in different locations while the Title is expanded, but I can't predict how it's going to go. Seems like no matter what I have to manually uncheck about a dozen boxes.

It would be nice if I could at least right click on an expanded title and have all the check marks uncheck.

There must be something simple I'm missing so please tell me the easy way. :)
setarip_old

Re: Unselect All tips?

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

With the initial "Title" listing onscreen, (without expanding the tree to show anything other than "Titles" ("Video", "Audio", "Subtitles") rightclick on any "Title" and choose "Deselect all". All the "Titles" will become unchecked. Any checkmarks regarding the underlying subcategories are NOT in effect unless the "Title" they are associated with has been re-checked anew...
MilesAhead

Post by MilesAhead »

Thanks for the reply. I get that part. But if I then check any title in order to rip it, I'm back in the same boat of deselecting all the sub checks. I guess what I'm trying to say is, given a selected title, is there some way to uncheck everything under that title in one shot so that I can then just select the one or two things I want?

Seems like a lot of work when all I want to select are maybe 3 items. Typically all I want to get is one title, one audio track and one subtitle with forced subs checked for that one subtitle. So all I should need are 4 check marks. Title, audio, subtitle with forced subcategory. As it is now I have to uncheck maybe 16 or 17 items if there are many subtitles and audio tracks.
michelkenny

Post by michelkenny »

This would be handy. When I'm ripping blu-rays from Europe, there are like 30 subtitles to uncheck for each title... I know you can right-click on a subtitle, select Uncheck all, and it will uncheck all subtitles but not the forced only entries. Those I still have to do manually.
MilesAhead

Post by MilesAhead »

I can't try it right now but I get the impression if the subtitle in question is not selected, then even if the Forced Only subcheckbox is checked, nothing will happen for that subtitle. If I'm right then in that case all we have to do is right click on the top subtitle and top audio checkboxes and do unselect all without worrying about the subchecks. Then just enable the ones desired. (Unless someone knows differently?)

If that's so then it's fine once I know that's how to approach it.
shango

Post by shango »

I think it would be very handy to have some preferences on what is selected by default so you can set it up and know that when you put a disc in you just have to click "rip" and it will be done.

I'd like check boxes for things like

Prefer audio type, like DTS on DVD instead off DD, so it would automatically check DTS and uncheck DD
Uncheck all foreign audio streams
Uncheck all subtitles or uncheck all foreign subtitles
MilesAhead

Post by MilesAhead »

shango wrote:I think it would be very handy to have some preferences on what is selected by default so you can set it up and know that when you put a disc in you just have to click "rip" and it will be done.

I'd like check boxes for things like

Prefer audio type, like DTS on DVD instead off DD, so it would automatically check DTS and uncheck DD
Uncheck all foreign audio streams
Uncheck all subtitles or uncheck all foreign subtitles
That might be an idea. If there is added a way to set defaults I'd vote for an alternative to come up with nothing checked. It's faster to check a few things you want than to uncheck 20 things you don't.
JasonX

Post by JasonX »

Just wanted to bump this for Mike, as these are really good UI features that would make a big difference to regular users.

- The collapse, right click title -> De select all is not intuitive for new users. It really needs to be a labelled button above the tree
- the ability to auto-de select non-English subtitles would be such a great thing
- the ability to auto-de select audio tracks you dont want (like DTS DD TrueHD or whatever you dont want) would also be great

Just some really good UI features in here that would make MakeMKV even better.
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

These posts are from 2010. Look in preferences under 'Advanced' and 'Default Selection Rule'. If you need more than one rule research Conversion Profiles.