Jordy

Re: This application version is too old

Post by Jordy »

Having the same issue on a sony Vaio Windows 64bit

I there a fix in the works?
rss70

Same Problem Here

Post by rss70 »

Just downloaded MakeMKV for the first time on this machine this morning. Windows 7 64-bit
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

Okay I've looked into it a bit and of course it's the 30 day limit that has expired... Simple fix... by a reg code :)
rss70

Post by rss70 »

Yep, just solved it. Here are the instructions on how to update your key reposted from another thread (thx robinsj):

Okay so figured it out...

Set the date back on your computer a week or so...

Then go to this link http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053 to get the key that is good till August 2010, and copy it...

Open MakeMKV, it should open this time, it did on mine, then go up to the top and select Help, Then Register, and paste the key in...

Close makemkv, set your date back to normal, and it should run, did on mine... Hope that helps...
rss70

Post by rss70 »

BTW, dev team/board monitor, "This application is too old, download the new one" is an ineffective error message. No way for the user to know what to do with it. If it had said "Key expired" it would have been clear what to do. No quite ready to take that "Beta" tag off MakeMKV . . .
oddstray

Re: Application too old problem

Post by oddstray »

Hi,

Neophyte here, but I did a search and couldn't find anything except this post.

I have the same problem (on two machines), but I'm not inclined to turn the clock back to fix it. Is there any other solution?

Cheers,
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Hopefully, "mike admin" will post an explanation/solution shortly...

wildmonky

Re: This application version is too old.

Post by wildmonky »

So the code is helpful, but the program doesn't give me a chance to enter it. The only option I have is "ok" and that closes the program :(
Balurion

Re: This application version is too old.

Post by Balurion »

wildmonky wrote:So the code is helpful, but the program doesn't give me a chance to enter it. The only option I have is "ok" and that closes the program :(
I have the problem it. What can you do?
Tofrek

Post by Tofrek »

I also have the psame problem. I have been using MakeMKV for some time and each time i have received the "programme too old" message I have gone to teh website, downloaded the newest released version, run it and all has been fine. With version 1.5.6 it doesn't matter what I do I cannot get the programme to work. I have tried re installing over teh current version, I have used uninstall and now I am stuck.
Any suggestions for someone who does not want to enter registry settings etc would be much appreciated. :D
colinwilson1303

Post by colinwilson1303 »

I have the same problem as everyone else.
Downloaded this for the first time and it gives the "too old" error message.

I have changed the clock settings and the programme did work however I could not see anywhere to insert a key.

Any ideas?
Bornung

Post by Bornung »

Hi all :)

I had the same problem, what i did was to turn my date back 3 weeks, restarted the program, put in the beta serial and everything was fine :D, i also turned my date back, Still working fine :D

Cheers staff :mrgreen:
for a job well done :mrgreen:
Highlag

Re: This application is too old....

Post by Highlag »

This is not something I want to see in 60? application.
Reinstall does not work. As mentioned before. Seems that many more would be users have the same problem.
Unfortunately we will have to find another solution. :cry:
slk486

Post by slk486 »

I suddenly had the same issue today and this is what solved it for me:

1. Set back PC date to 2 weeks before (I used the 5th).
2. Opening MakeMKV, which no longer had the "application is too old.." notification.
3. Enter BETA key under Help -> Register.
4. Forward PC date to todays date.

Give it a whirl :)
mkvsucks

Post by mkvsucks »

The application worked for a whopping 5 days before error message "application is too old" popped up. Unistalled, re-installed, turned clock back and get the same error message.
Even went through the whole registry and deleted anything to do with makemkv, same error message.
You cannot enter the key in the program because the error message box is in the way and shuts down the whole program when you push ok.

Mike, how do you fix this? You cannot use the beta key because it won't allow you enter it! Make sense? If I buy this program am I going to have the same error message and not allow me to enter the reg key???