This application version is too old.

Everything related to MakeMKV
Sidrack

Re: This application is too old....

Post by Sidrack »

After trying at least 20-30 times I was able to open the "registration code" window. But required me to quickly push alt + key to the left and ENTER to select the last option. While the message was still there, it wasn't possible for me to insert the actual key, and after pushing Enter the program closed, but that window remained open so I inserted the actual key from August:

Code: Select all

T-l6SI3T8o3fPKrGPsnK9PXL6Gnv4HUkdZV2PejC95Ez18C_UX_I5kN6YwJiIkdSFeyQ
And it's OK for the moment.

I advise you to remove this warning because it was really hard to bypass this.
va_taper

Post by va_taper »

This software has now become useless, back to anydvd+clownbd.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@va_taper

Interesting (and presumably last) first post - especially since you've posted to a thread containing a ready fix for this temporary glitch...

va_taper

Post by va_taper »

Not really but ok... Kinda makes sense, I've been using this program since it first came out in early beta, the fix posted doesn't work with my two computers Win 7 (one 64 and one 32-bit). The frustration is when you have an extremely useful program hobbled by this type of issue. This thread was started 8-days ago and the only official responses have been kludge "fixes". Even a response such as a "fix is in the works," would be nice.

I am more than willing to pay for good, reliable, useful software; as this is commercial software in beta form and not open source one would think an issue disabling said program on a large installed user-base would be a high priority.

Chris
xr0n0z

Post by xr0n0z »

i have the same problem after 3 or 4 days. The appl. is to old... Uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted entrys from registry. The same message again !!!

Fix it idiots !!! and then ask for money
spilote

Re: This application version is too old.

Post by spilote »

Same here.

My goal was to use only with DVD. Do I understand that I have to buy a version for DVD !? what about the free version ?
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@spilote

Hi!

The following is stated on the home page:
Functionality to open DVD discs is free and will always stay free.
Last edited by setarip_old on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
setarip_old

"Application too old"

Post by setarip_old »

Since neither "mike admin" or the mod have posted back here about this problem, I thought I'd ask those of you who are trying to deal with it - Have you read the following (appears at the bottom of the "Download" page)?:
Computer administrator privileges are required on Windows to run the beta version. This is limitation of Windows SCSI application programming interface. Eventually MakeMKV will not require administrator privileges to run.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

I believe that the whole point of the expiration is to not have people using really old beta versions especially after the product is out of beta testing. Unfortunately, the author has failed to release an update before the expiration which is a serious annoyance.

Personally, I use the software for quickly converting my SD DVDs to MKV and have no need for the Blu-Ray capabilities. I've never used the program with a Blu-Ray at all nor do I have the need. Regardless of that I found myself unable to launch the program yesterday to quickly rip an SD DVD to an MKV on my HDD so that I could stream it to another device. I was none too please.

Yes, I could screw around with the system clock/date just to get the program to work but I refuse to do that. I shouldn't have to. I did plan to purchase a license for this program sometime very soon even though I don't need the Blu-Ray functionality but I definitely consider this current problem one that the author needs to address and prevent from occurring in the future.
Xavier

Re: "Application too old"

Post by Xavier »

The program is already being run as administrator. Zero difference. That's not the origin of this problem.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

It seems like there is a date check for people who haven't entered a beta key but not if they do? I have never entered a key because I don't use the Blu-Ray stuff. I just use the program for SD DVDs. So if entering the key gets around the application being too old then the author needs to add the ability for people to enter the key when this pop-up appears because at present the way things work if you get the message you are effectively locked out of the program.
davec

Post by davec »

I heard about makeMKV yesterday, downloaded the most recent beta to give it a shot last night and I have the same problem - the "This application version is too old" message pops up before I can do anything else and "OK" (the only option) closes the application entirely. I'm running:

Win7
i7 processor w/ 4Gb
2Tb hdd
LG BD ROM/DVD RW combo

My system clock is definately accurate and I deinstalled/reinstalled with the same outcome. Can't try out the app if I can't get into it! Can anyone help?
philnort

Post by philnort »

Has nothing to do with the "accuracy" of your system clock. Versions of this workaround "FIX" has been posted for the last couple of days. IT WORKS! :

Set the date back on your computer a week or so...

Then go to this link viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053 to get the key that is good till August 2010, and copy it...

Open MakeMKV, it should open this time, it did on mine, then go up to the top and select Help, Then Register, and paste the key in...
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Sorry for screw-up guys, the new version is on its way.
davec

Post by davec »

Not sure where I posted the original, but thanks to the moderator for the update on fixing this problem. Setting the system date back to July 1 then running makemkv got rid of the 'too old' message so I could get to the application and put the beta key in, after which I was able to set the system date back to the right date and all's running/mkv'ing fine now! :-)