MakeMKV Beta Popup window...

Everything related to MakeMKV
AnonymousAlien

MakeMKV Beta Popup window...

Post by AnonymousAlien »

When I heard about makemkv I thought cool! I will go try out this program and check out all what it can do. Since it sounded like the perfect easy solution for me.

When I went to install it & try it out though. I get a MakeMKV Beta Popup window. This window states "Evaluation period has expired. Please purchase an activation key if you've found this application useful. You may still use all the free functionality without any restrictions."

Now IF I had actually had been able to evaluate this program I would not have a problem with this screen poping up, &/or purchasing an activation key if I found the program to be of value. However I haven't ever installed this program nor I have even had a chance to evaluate the program. I just installed it.

I will be forthright and honest though. The system I am on is one I aquired from my employer at a very very low cost because they bought new systems. I simply took the system home. They did not delete, re-install any software on the system or make any changes to the system. Therefore I will admit that it IS a possiblity that my employer at some point in time may have evaluated "MakeMKV" software.

Short of wiping the system clean and reinstalling everything, (Which is something I would rather not do, as I have a few pieces of softare that I enjoy on the system that I would NOT be able to reinstall) is there a way I can reset the "Clock" so that I may evaluate "MakeMKV"?

AA
setarip_old

Re: MakeMKV Beta Popup window...

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

Unless something has changed overnight, you should be to obtain a free-while-beta registration key, good until May 01,2010. Click on the following link to the "News and Announcements" area, to read the explanation in the words of "mike admin":

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053#p3548
AnonymousAlien

Post by AnonymousAlien »

Thanks that did the trick quite nicely!
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

You're quite welcome ;>}