Problems with two tracks, something I can do?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Arnoud (from NL)

Problems with two tracks, something I can do?

Post by Arnoud (from NL) »

Hello, I ripped the Dolby Atmos Demo Disc. All small titles. Nothing special, no errors. All lossless viewing.

I now have two titles (Horizon and Encounter for the ones that know the disc) that are stopping when playing. If I then switch to the 5.1 sound and back to the 7.1 sound everything is well. Playing with SPMC on the Nvidia Shield streamed to a Marantz SR7009.

Needless to say that I tried the original from the blu ray disc in the player and that all works well.

Not that these files are so important, not at all, just trying to understand what is going wrong here. To avoid issues with real important movies.

Anybody an idea?

Thanks.
audioguy

Re: Problems with two tracks, something I can do?

Post by audioguy »

Arnoud (from NL) wrote:Hello, I ripped the Dolby Atmos Demo Disc. All small titles. Nothing special, no errors. All lossless viewing.

I now have two titles (Horizon and Encounter for the ones that know the disc) that are stopping when playing. If I then switch to the 5.1 sound and back to the 7.1 sound everything is well. Playing with SPMC on the Nvidia Shield streamed to a Marantz SR7009.

Needless to say that I tried the original from the blu ray disc in the player and that all works well.

Not that these files are so important, not at all, just trying to understand what is going wrong here. To avoid issues with real important movies.

Anybody an idea?

Thanks.
I ripped the entire 2016 Dolby Atmos Demo Disc and all seemed to go well. BUT, when I try to play it, I get a voice saying "you are listening to the Dolby Atmos Companion Track and not the Dolby Atmos Track". I have no clue what is causing this. Tried reading the file on my computer and from a USB stick in my Oppo 203 - same result!!

HELP !!