Editing MKV files in Adobe Premiere

Everything related to MakeMKV
monkeyhead

Editing MKV files in Adobe Premiere

Post by monkeyhead »

Not sure if this is a common problem or not, but I've got to pull about 14 minutes out of an hour and a half long DVD. I've got Adobe Premiere but I can't seem to get the MKV format to show up in my workspace. Conversion worked fine, no problem, but I can't get into it to cut what I need. Is there a step I'm missing out on? The end goal is to make a DCP file of several things.
Aast656

Re: Editing MKV files in Adobe Premiere

Post by Aast656 »

When I need to cut a part of a MKV I use the MKVToolnix program: I load the mkv file and using the "splitting" I remove the parts I don't need. As no recodificación of audio and vídeo is needed, the process is quite fast.
yorgo

Re: Editing MKV files in Adobe Premiere

Post by yorgo »

monkeyhead wrote:Not sure if this is a common problem or not, but I've got to pull about 14 minutes out of an hour and a half long DVD. I've got Adobe Premiere but I can't seem to get the MKV format to show up in my workspace. Conversion worked fine, no problem, but I can't get into it to cut what I need. Is there a step I'm missing out on? The end goal is to make a DCP file of several things.
If I understand correctly, you want to edit an .mkv file in Adobe Premier, correct? If yes, .mkv is not a format natively supported by AP. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2068738