Makemkv all of a sudden not working?

Everything related to MakeMKV
MattyB

Makemkv all of a sudden not working?

Post by MattyB »

I've been using Makemkv for awhile. Rip multiple times a week for over a year. now all of a sudden the past few days no matter what disk i through at it Its refusing to rip. Let me break down whats happening.

1. It used to only take 60 seconds to open a disc. Now its taking 5-10 mins and alot of "Hash Check Failed" and " The source file '/bdmv/stream/00100.m2ts is corrupt or invalid at offset 1984512, attempting to work around".

2. When it finally opens a disc, It gets 10-15 mins into ripping and then fails.

3. One of my friends that started doing Makemkv the same time as me last year just started having these same issues on his end as well. It just started with him a week ago. He actually has two drives, 1 is a backup and was hardly used and the issue still persists. So i dont think its a disc drive issue.

any idea whats happening here? Anyone else randomly getting this out of no where?
asmcom

Re: Makemkv all of a sudden not working?

Post by asmcom »

MattyB wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:58 pm
I've been using Makemkv for awhile. Rip multiple times a week for over a year. now all of a sudden the past few days no matter what disk i through at it Its refusing to rip. Let me break down whats happening.

1. It used to only take 60 seconds to open a disc. Now its taking 5-10 mins and alot of "Hash Check Failed" and " The source file '/bdmv/stream/00100.m2ts is corrupt or invalid at offset 1984512, attempting to work around".

2. When it finally opens a disc, It gets 10-15 mins into ripping and then fails.

3. One of my friends that started doing Makemkv the same time as me last year just started having these same issues on his end as well. It just started with him a week ago. He actually has two drives, 1 is a backup and was hardly used and the issue still persists. So i dont think its a disc drive issue.

any idea whats happening here? Anyone else randomly getting this out of no where?
What version of MakeMKV are you using?

Asmcom :mrgreen:
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
MattyB

Post by MattyB »

V1.17.1
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

MattyB wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:07 pm
V1.17.1
You could try installing the latest version from the the MakeMKV website which is 1.17.4

Also under general setting make sure that "Enable Internet Access" is ticked and enabled. The tick box is under the heading "Online Updates"

https://www.makemkv.com/

Asmcom
MattyB

Post by MattyB »

thanks ill see if that fixes it.
WEZZEBE

Post by WEZZEBE »

Better go for 1.17.3 atm.
Some say 1.17.4 is not working well yet.
Radiocomms237

Post by Radiocomms237 »

I've been using V1.17.4 heavily (anywhere up to ten discs a day, six or seven days a week, backups and then rips) since it was released and I've not had any issues (with the exception of the HK data for UHD thing).

From your description it sounds like a problem with the hardware to me, are these USB drives? It's not uncommon for USB power issues to be the first sign of either a worsening PSU or Motherboard problem.

If the drives have a second USB cable, try powering them with a decent wall wart instead?
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

Radiocomms237 wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:46 am
I've been using V1.17.4 heavily (anywhere up to ten discs a day, six or seven days a week, backups and then rips) since it was released and I've not had any issues (with the exception of the HK data for UHD thing).

From your description it sounds like a problem with the hardware to me, are these USB drives? It's not uncommon for USB power issues to be the first sign of either a worsening PSU or Motherboard problem.

If the drives have a second USB cable, try powering them with a decent wall wart instead?
Also check you have latest USB drivers for your motherboard.

Asmcom :mrgreen: