Mulriple titles

Everything related to MakeMKV
MauriceMedia

Mulriple titles

Post by MauriceMedia »

I have ripped my entire dvd collection using makemkv.
Most is not all generated multiple tittles...
Foe example.

movie 300.. created
300_t00.mkv
300_t01.mkv
300_t02.mkv

Is that normal?

My issue is when i view it in Kodi, I see 3 movie title

Some movies have 20 or more titles..

I am trying to figure out if its a Rip issue or a kodi issue...

Thenks
Woodstock

Re: Mulriple titles

Post by Woodstock »

Most DVD and BD titles will have multiple titles on them; there are "Extra features" beside the movie itself. Exceptions exist - many of the "cheap" disks found at discounters like Walmart are "just the movie".

What else is on the disk varies. Some contain multiple versions of the movie, such as "theatrical" and "director's" cuts. Some contain dozens of features on how the movie was made. Some have language-specific versions, where certain scenes are swapped out so the the signs are in the local language (Disney does this a lot).

And then there are the disks that have multiple versions of the movie, only one of which is the correct version. They almost universally say "Lionsgate" on the packaging.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
TheTerrorBeyond

Post by TheTerrorBeyond »

Your best bet is to locate only the titles you want before you rip. I deselect everything other than relevant titles and then name the titles in MakeMKV so they are easy to work with. You can also set MakeMKV to skip titles less than a set length, to eliminate tons of files being generated in small extras that you probably don't want to rip.
Media Server: i7-6800k (6-core processor), 32GB RAM, MSI Carbon Pro board, SAS RAID, liquid cooling, NVIDIA 1080SC, (6) 10TB Barracuda Pro, (4)8TB Barracuda Pro, (1) 6TB Barracuda, (1) 4TB Barracuda, (1) Toshiba 512GB SSD, (1) Intel 256GB Intel M.2 SSD.
Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

I have a separate post on a similar issue. I ripped a couple of sports disks (game replays), one on Bluray (2015 World Series) and on from DVD (2008 Orange Bowl). Both separated the content into separate titles (and not always in the right order). How do I combine them, and in the right order?