Updated MakeMKV?

Everything related to MakeMKV
darksoulvv

Updated MakeMKV?

Post by darksoulvv »

Went to use the program just now and got what I have seen before: This application version is to old. Please download the latest version

So went to download the newest version, installed it and got the same message again. Then I noticed its the same version as what I had. Will there be a new version later?
walkerhound

Re: Updated MakeMKV?

Post by walkerhound »

Same here, no matter what I try I keep getting told I have an old version and ether need to download the new or use a registration key.
MattAF

Post by MattAF »

I'm running into the exact same error message. @mike_admin, do you have anything to fix this?
HankVenture83

Post by HankVenture83 »

Also getting this error. Reinstalled current version and still getting it.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Suggestion: set the date on your computer back to 15 March, and see if the message stops. You can put it back to current once the program starts

The key is SUPPOSED to be good for another week.

Emails to support@makemkv.com will get Mike's attention faster than forum messages.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
MakinMeanMKV

Post by MakinMeanMKV »

I reinstalled the MakeMKV 1.10.4 MS Windows version and when the "This version is too old." dialog popped up, I clicked the [Register] button, then pasted the BETA code copied from the "News and Announcements" page:
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

That solved the problem and the application is running again.
jsms99

Post by jsms99 »

Woodstock wrote:Suggestion: set the date on your computer back to 15 March, and see if the message stops. You can put it back to current once the program starts

The key is SUPPOSED to be good for another week.

Emails to support@makemkv.com will get Mike's attention faster than forum messages.

This worked for me, thanks.
technoj

Post by technoj »

Also, Once this gets fixed, Please add automatic update ability.
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

technoj wrote:Also, Once this gets fixed, Please add automatic update ability.
Beta keys have a limited-use timeframe at which point a new beta key needs to be used. Can't say why the current one stopped given we're a week away from when it's set to expire but if you want to avoid running into this issue permanently, you can always purchase a license.

http://makemkv.com/buy/
andicole0

Post by andicole0 »

Just came across the same problem, worked fine yesterday with 1.10.4 but now saying version is too old, downloaded again - same problem. Will try changing system date.
Andi.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The point of an expiring beta key is two-fold. Keep people updating to newer versions, and (the main one) it's less convenient than having a paid, permanent key.

As for automatic updating of the program... Let's just say that the newer version is not always better. If you're using MakeMKV on HD DVDs, you do not want any version newer than 1.10.1, for example, and 1.10.3 has some issues that made it worse than 1.10.2.

I have big issues with auto-updating programs in general.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging