no titles

Everything related to MakeMKV
snaykebyte

no titles

Post by snaykebyte »

Whenever I encode a dvd, it never labels the file. It just names it something like title.000, and then I have to go in a manually rename every file. I have searched all the preference settings and have not found anything that I've missed. Any ideas anyone or is this just the way it is? Thanks for any help........-Curtis
Woodstock

Re: no titles

Post by Woodstock »

First, go to Preferences->General, and make sure the "Expert mode" check box is checked. You'll want it on.

If a DVD or BD has a title on the disk, it will be filled in to the box marked "Properties". The one I just loaded put "MUSHI_SHI_BOXSET_D1" there. It did NOT fill in any names for files; not sure why, but I wouldn't want it to, anyway. But not all disks have titles on them.

In any case, with expert mode turned on, I can type "Mushi-shi" into that box, and the descriptions of the two files on the disk will "suddenly" say "Mushi-shi" next to them.

I can move the focus in the left menu down to the second title (the main one) by clicking on it, and I can name it whatever I want. The right hand "info" box tells you many things about it while you're editing it. But the fun bit is that the "Name" in the properties box can be clicked on, and you can change to "Filename". Then, you can set the name of the file when it is written to disk.

Auto naming can work, but it isn't all it is cracked up to be.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
snaykebyte

Re: no titles

Post by snaykebyte »

Still cannot get it to work, but I'll keep trying. Thank you for the help, AGAIN!...............-Curtis