Profile edits to include HD audio by default?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Marc_G

Profile edits to include HD audio by default?

Post by Marc_G »

Hi folks,

How do I get MakeMKV to include the HD audio (DTS-HD and or TrueHD / Atmos etc.) by default? With my current profile I have to open up each title and manually select the HD audio parts. Here is my profile as it stands:

-sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang|single),-sel:(havemulti|havecore),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang

Thanks in advance for helping me figure this out.
Woodstock

Re: Profile edits to include HD audio by default?

Post by Woodstock »

Code: Select all

<!-- Settings overridable in preferences -->
    <profileSettings
        app_DefaultSelectionString="-sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang"
    />
That's the selection rule in my normal profile, and it selects ALL audio tracks. At least, it does since I don't have a favorite language selected.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Marc_G

Post by Marc_G »

For me, with English selected as my default language, it selects the core (DTS, DD) but not TrueHD or DTS-HD / Atmos.
spl147

Post by spl147 »

Marc_G wrote:Hi folks,

How do I get MakeMKV to include the HD audio (DTS-HD and or TrueHD / Atmos etc.) by default? With my current profile I have to open up each title and manually select the HD audio parts. Here is my profile as it stands:

-sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang|single),-sel:(havemulti|havecore),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang

here you go: English Subs, HD Audio Only, NO MVC

-sel:all,+sel:(lossless|eng),-sel:(core),-sel:(lossy),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang
Marc_G

Post by Marc_G »

Thanks. I'll play with that. I also want the main non-HD track, for devices that don't have HD. Any hint how to include that as well? IS there a FAQ or Wiki?
spl147 wrote:

-sel:all,+sel:(lossless|eng),-sel:(core),-sel:(lossy),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang
spl147

Post by spl147 »

Marc_G wrote:Thanks. I'll play with that. I also want the main non-HD track, for devices that don't have HD. Any hint how to include that as well? IS there a FAQ or Wiki?
spl147 wrote:

change: -sel:(havemulti|havecore)
to: +sel:(havemulti|havecore)