MakeMKV producing multiple MKV files

Everything related to MakeMKV
Roscoe

MakeMKV producing multiple MKV files

Post by Roscoe »

I converted a Bluray of the 2015 World Series and got 8 separate titles (all different content). I then converted a DVD of the 2008 Orange Bowl and got 6 separate titles (The complete game but the 6 titles are out of order). I don't recall this ever happening before so I have no idea if this is due to the disk structure or a setting that has gotten out of whack. I'm using MakeMKV v1.10.5 darwin(x86-release) for OS X.
Roscoe

Re: MakeMKV producing multiple MKV files

Post by Roscoe »

Nobody?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Without knowing how the disks were authored, it's hard to comment on what is correct/incorrect. Sorry.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
thewombat

Post by thewombat »

If there are eight videos on the disc, you'll get eight MKV files.
Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

thewombat wrote:If there are eight videos on the disc, you'll get eight MKV files.
I get that, but in this case when I insert the disk (a football Bowl game) into a standard DVD player it's one long video. It's not broken up into parts. Yet when I open the disk in MKV I see multiple parts (and they are not in the correct order). Somehow (and I forget now how I did it) I was able to merge them into a single file.

Just trying to figure out what's going on...this is behavior I've never seen before. Both disks I mentioned (one BluRay and one DVD) are commemorative copies of sporting events.
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

As others have stated earlier, that may very well be how the discs wer authored. Without more information from you on the specific disc or, better yet, a view of the disc's content (tree structure) in the upper left section after the disc has been de-encrypted, more information to you cannot be provided.

Assuming one long title file with all the parts in the correct order is not listed, you can always rip each individual part, determine the correct order, then use another software package to create one file. I believe MKVToolNixGUI can perform this function, maybe Handbrake or something else, don't know, never had to do this. But MakeMKV cannot merge files.