only selecting FPL_MainFeature on disks that provide it.

Everything related to MakeMKV
brellyn2

only selecting FPL_MainFeature on disks that provide it.

Post by brellyn2 »

for makemkvcon64. currently available but undocumented or new feature request?
TheTerrorBeyond

Re: only selecting FPL_MainFeature on disks that provide it.

Post by TheTerrorBeyond »

I like the idea... just remove all the obfuscation and leave only what you need. Great idea.
Media Server: i7-6800k (6-core processor), 32GB RAM, MSI Carbon Pro board, SAS RAID, liquid cooling, NVIDIA 1080SC, (6) 10TB Barracuda Pro, (4)8TB Barracuda Pro, (1) 6TB Barracuda, (1) 4TB Barracuda, (1) Toshiba 512GB SSD, (1) Intel 256GB Intel M.2 SSD.
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

"Leave only what you need" can mean different things to different people. I read the OP as meaning MakeMKV automatically selecting the FPL_MainFeature only and nothing more (perhaps I'm wrong?) which I would not want because there are many bonus features that I back up.

I can see it benefiting some and if it were something that could be easily activated or disabled without delaying development of or compromising core functionality (ie, breaking MakeMKV), great. Otherwise...
TheTerrorBeyond

Post by TheTerrorBeyond »

yorgo wrote:"Leave only what you need" can mean different things to different people. I read the OP as meaning MakeMKV automatically selecting the FPL_MainFeature only and nothing more (perhaps I'm wrong?) which I would not want because there are many bonus features that I back up.

I can see it benefiting some and if it were something that could be easily activated or disabled without delaying development of or compromising core functionality (ie, breaking MakeMKV), great. Otherwise...
I was talking about removing all the obfuscation tracks that look like the title track. The extras are not obfuscation, so they wouldn't be removed.
Media Server: i7-6800k (6-core processor), 32GB RAM, MSI Carbon Pro board, SAS RAID, liquid cooling, NVIDIA 1080SC, (6) 10TB Barracuda Pro, (4)8TB Barracuda Pro, (1) 6TB Barracuda, (1) 4TB Barracuda, (1) Toshiba 512GB SSD, (1) Intel 256GB Intel M.2 SSD.
brellyn2

Post by brellyn2 »

TheTerrorBeyond wrote:...removing all the obfuscation tracks that look like the title track.
That was indeed what I was talking about. I don't use the GUI. I call makemkvcon64.exe from a batch file which rips the bluray to my hd, and in the same batch file, I compress that rip with handbrakecli.exe and copy it to my library for use with Kodi. it calls sendemail.exe to text my phone to let me know when the process is complete which allows me to go to do other things instead of sitting at my PC. obfuscated disks thwart my automated process.

I take it this isn't an option that makemkvcon64 has, so this question now becomes a feature request. Just what Mike needs.. lol