Best way to move MakeMKV to another drive?

Everything related to MakeMKV
jkauff

Best way to move MakeMKV to another drive?

Post by jkauff »

My C: drive is an M.2 NVMe SSD, and I think it's throttling from the heat when I convert a very large Blu-ray. I have another drive I'd like to move MakeMKV to, but it's a licensed copy and I'm not sure how to do it and retain the license info.

Any advice?
d00zah

Re: Best way to move MakeMKV to another drive?

Post by d00zah »

Pretty sure moving the app itself will not change anything, but you could try changing where MakeMKV output is written?

Options > Video tab > Default destination > SemiAuto

& set an alternate output path (to the other drive).
jkauff

Post by jkauff »

d00zah wrote:Pretty sure moving the app itself will not change anything, but you could try changing where MakeMKV output is written?

Options > Video tab > Default destination > SemiAuto

& set an alternate output path (to the other drive).
Thanks, but I'm already using an alternate path for output. Still have the problem.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Fair enough... I still doubt it'll matter, but if your key is not written down, you can recover it from the current install buy accessing Help > Register & copy/pasting current key to a safe location. Then you can uninstall/reinstall/re-register anywhere you wish.
jkauff

Post by jkauff »

d00zah wrote:Fair enough... I still doubt it'll matter, but if your key is not written down, you can recover it from the current install buy accessing Help > Register & copy/pasting current key to a safe location. Then you can uninstall/reinstall/re-register anywhere you wish.
Thanks. That's the answer I was looking for.

On further thought, however, I probably need to change the temp file location to another drive. Wonder if I can do that in the registry or if the default is hard-coded?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I don't think MakeMKV bothers with a temporary file, though.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
jkauff

Post by jkauff »

Well, for whatever reason, moving the MakeMKV application allows me to rip the title with no slowdown. It was a very big title, over 40GB, and it would bog down at around 34GB read.