New and completely lost!

Everything related to MakeMKV
blueeyedtraveler

New and completely lost!

Post by blueeyedtraveler »

I was referred to MakeMKV by a friend. I was trying to find a program that would allow me to copy some BeachBody DVDs I just purchased, as other programs can't get past the protection on them.

I have absolutely no idea what to do, as my friend has only copied movies using the software, and cannot help. We tried copying one DVD, and it was not completely successful. Also, each workout is saved as a different MKV file, out of order. Lastly, those don't play on a DVD player, nonstop like the BB DVD's do.

Is it possible to copy these DVD's using this software? If so, does anyone have any step-by-step that could help me? :?

Thank you for your time and help (in advance),

Jodi
brellyn

Re: New and completely lost!

Post by brellyn »

MakeMKV isn't a disk duplication program. There are quite a few on the market, so it's difficult to suggest a particular one. For what you want to do, MakeMKV isn't what you need.
blueeyedtraveler

Thank you! After trying it once, I didn't think so
blueeyedtraveler

You mentioned that there are quite a few programs on the market for what I need. However, when my IT friend tried several, because of the copywrite protection, none would work.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

There are few COMMERCIAL programs that will copy protected disks. And it is getting harder to find programs that will remove the copy protection and leave you with what can be burned onto another disk.

I had found one a few years ago, but the author stopped supporting it, and even the site it was hosted on disappeared. It was one of the few that didn't turn out to be an attempt to infect your computer with bad stuff....

Are you trying to duplicate the disk, or are you just trying to copy its contents on to your hard drive, for easier access?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
blueeyedtraveler

I have a BeachBody set of DVDs that I'm trying to duplicate, so that I can have another copy on have, should I need them over time. Since they're pretty costly
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Then you do need something that creates an unencrypted ISO file for burning. Searching for "dvd to iso" will give you a number of leads.

I can't recommend any current packages; I gave up on the idea of using optical media as "backup" for ANYTHING a long time ago! Consumer writable media has a much shorter shelf life (time before it becomes unreadable) than the pressed media that you're backing up.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
blueeyedtraveler

Thank you, kindly, for your assistance!
brellyn

Post by brellyn »

I don't know if I'm breaking any rules or it's just bad karma, but I'd take a look at DVDFAB. It's a duplicator that removes protection.
blueeyedtraveler

Awesome! Thank you!
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

I'd recommend Redfox's AnyDVD for de-encrypting and Elby's CloneDVD (both available through Redfox) for copying/duplicating. Long time ago when I backed up to physical DVD discs, these were my weapons of choice.
blueeyedtraveler

Thank you so much!