Help Needed - 3D Movies to Play on Xbox One Plex App

Everything related to MakeMKV
cmalex79

Help Needed - 3D Movies to Play on Xbox One Plex App

Post by cmalex79 »

I'm sure this has been covered, but my searches aren't turning up anything useful.

I have AnyDVD HD, Handbrake, MakeMKV, Plex Media Server, and I primarily use my Xbox One Plex app. I use a Samsung JS9500 3D HDTV.

I have about a dozen 3D Blu-rays that I want to backup to my server and play in 3D on my HDTV (I'll likely expand my 3D library if I can get this to work).

"Avengers: Age of Ultron" is my guinea pig disc. I used MakeMKV to create an MKV with the film selected, the audio and subtitle tracks I want selected, and the MVC track selected. My understanding is that this should all create an MKV that Plex can play in 3D on my TV downstairs, but it does not. The HDTV has options to select side-by-side, top-and-bottom, and "2D to 3D."

Only the last option looks remotely 3D, but I get the impression that that's a "faked" 3D from my reading of the technology. The SBS selection has the most promise, but it simply shows the same video on the left side of the screen and repeated on the right side of the screen. The TAB selection overlays top and bottom, but it's way out of alignment.

The Xbox One supports Blu-ray 3D playback, so I'm reasonably certain this should work over that Plex app. I tried remuxing the disc's contents into an M2TS file, but Plex doesn't see it whether I'm on the Xbox One app or the built-in Plex app on the HDTV.

I tried renaming the file "Avengers - Age of Ultron.h-sbs.mkv" and "AAvengers - Age of Ultron.h-tab.mkv" like I see in the Plex forum, but it doesn't do anything.

Am I missing a step?
TheTerrorBeyond

Re: Help Needed - 3D Movies to Play on Xbox One Plex App

Post by TheTerrorBeyond »

http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/233320 ... one#latest

I haven't used the Xbox One application, so I can't offer much more than the link. I hope it helps.
Media Server: i7-6800k (6-core processor), 32GB RAM, MSI Carbon Pro board, SAS RAID, liquid cooling, NVIDIA 1080SC, (6) 10TB Barracuda Pro, (4)8TB Barracuda Pro, (1) 6TB Barracuda, (1) 4TB Barracuda, (1) Toshiba 512GB SSD, (1) Intel 256GB Intel M.2 SSD.
TheTerrorBeyond

Post by TheTerrorBeyond »

Media Server: i7-6800k (6-core processor), 32GB RAM, MSI Carbon Pro board, SAS RAID, liquid cooling, NVIDIA 1080SC, (6) 10TB Barracuda Pro, (4)8TB Barracuda Pro, (1) 6TB Barracuda, (1) 4TB Barracuda, (1) Toshiba 512GB SSD, (1) Intel 256GB Intel M.2 SSD.
cmalex79

Post by cmalex79 »

So it looks like the Xbox One media player is hit-or-miss with 3D movies according to those articles? I should just rip all my movies and see which ones work. The other I'm just stuck with discs for the foreseeable future.