MakeMKV No Longer Writes Metadata

Everything related to MakeMKV
snhjs8&*(ns

MakeMKV No Longer Writes Metadata

Post by snhjs8&*(ns »

I updated Windows 10 with the Creators Update a few days ago and I've noticed that MakeMKV no longer writes metadata (Data Rate, Total Bitrate, Length, etc.) to BluRay rips. DVD rips do produce the metadata.
Right-clicking the mkv file from the BluRay confirms that no metadata is present.
Version number of MakeMKV is 1.10.5

I placed a shared screenshot in Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5uOBR ... sp=sharing
BigTulsa

Re: MakeMKV No Longer Writes Metadata

Post by BigTulsa »

snhjs8&*(ns wrote:I updated Windows 10 with the Creators Update a few days ago and I've noticed that MakeMKV no longer writes metadata (Data Rate, Total Bitrate, Length, etc.) to BluRay rips. DVD rips do produce the metadata.
Right-clicking the mkv file from the BluRay confirms that no metadata is present.
Version number of MakeMKV is 1.10.5
That sounds more like a Windows Creator update problem than a MakeMKV problem. I used that same version and it shows up just fine no Creator update.
snhjs8&*(ns

Post by snhjs8&*(ns »

That sounds more like a Windows Creator update problem than a MakeMKV problem.
Yes, I think you're right.
TheTerrorBeyond

Post by TheTerrorBeyond »

I can confirm this issue. I also have 1703 installed.

Older files have data associated with them.
Media Server: i7-6800k (6-core processor), 32GB RAM, MSI Carbon Pro board, SAS RAID, liquid cooling, NVIDIA 1080SC, (6) 10TB Barracuda Pro, (4)8TB Barracuda Pro, (1) 6TB Barracuda, (1) 4TB Barracuda, (1) Toshiba 512GB SSD, (1) Intel 256GB Intel M.2 SSD.
Starhawk

Post by Starhawk »

Has anyone found a solution for this on the Windows side? I've tried installing Icaros, but the details are presented in a different way than native. I'd like to have "Data rate" and "Total Bitrate" separate in the details pane like it was before.
Starhawk

Post by Starhawk »

Also, not that this is MakeMKV's fault, but it does seem that Windows now has an issue with MKVs specifically output from MakeMKV since Creators Update. I just remuxed a MakeMKV produced file with MKVToolNix, changed nothing, and the new file shows metadata perfectly.