Paypal not available for purchasing?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Blitzman

Paypal not available for purchasing?

Post by Blitzman »

Hi, i'd like to purchase makemkv, but paypal is not available on check out. Yet is advertises you can pay with paypal. I'm not wild about giving out my card number. Any thoughts?
TheTerrorBeyond

Re: Paypal not available for purchasing?

Post by TheTerrorBeyond »

I prefer PayPal as well. I went back and found my receipt in my saved email and it looks like I used a credit card, so PayPal wasn't working over a year ago either.

The purchase is well worth it, but only if you are comfortable with the payment method.
Media Server: i7-6800k (6-core processor), 32GB RAM, MSI Carbon Pro board, SAS RAID, liquid cooling, NVIDIA 1080SC, (6) 10TB Barracuda Pro, (4)8TB Barracuda Pro, (1) 6TB Barracuda, (1) 4TB Barracuda, (1) Toshiba 512GB SSD, (1) Intel 256GB Intel M.2 SSD.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Well over a year ago, PayPal decided they would not allow "piracy applications" to be purchased through PP. MakeMKV was judged to be such an application.

Of course, you can still use PP to buy pirated goods through eBay, such as Malaysian copies of anime series, complete with the over-the-air broadcast messages and censorship... But not MakeMKV to extract your legally-purchased content.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

I made my purchase using a credit card via Avangate just over a year ago, with no issues. Like you, I had apprehensions but ultimately decided it was a worthy choice as I use this software regularly. I believe you can use a prepaid credit card but I cannot confirm it will work.
Blitzman

Post by Blitzman »

Thanks for the input everyone. I bit the bullet and ordered. So far so good. Beginning to rip my blu-ray collection. :)
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

Great to hear, Blitzman, and as a registered user, thanks for supporting the project!