Star Wars Trilogy HELP

Everything related to MakeMKV
chuck805

Star Wars Trilogy HELP

Post by chuck805 »

Please, this is my first time trying to rip my star wars blu ray trilogy set and I CANNOT do it right. I have tried about 10 times in a row but I cant seem to get it right. Every time I rip it, the audio is either the directors audio or some sort of commentary I think is meant for people who have hearing impediments. Please can anyone tell me what to check and put for just normal quality movie? :? i wish i could post screen shots but it doesnt let me. It has about 9 different angles and alot of audio options. i know you only choose one angle so i chose angle 1 but i cant get the audio. its
DTS-HD MA surroud 6.1 then its
DTS Surround 5.1 English
DD Surround 5.1 English Etc...
yorgo

Re: Star Wars Trilogy HELP

Post by yorgo »

I've successfully ripped the trilogy with hi res audio and standard DTS English. Are all the appropriate boxes checked? What are you using to play back the.mkv file? Some playback software doesnt always select the hi res file first.
chuck805

Post by chuck805 »

yorgo wrote:I've successfully ripped the trilogy with hi res audio and standard DTS English. Are all the appropriate boxes checked? What are you using to play back the.mkv file? Some playback software doesnt always select the hi res file first.
I guess the question now is which boxes are the correct ones? Play back the .mkv? im using the standard windows video viewer. I have tried most combinations and i keep getting the commentary.
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

Make sure the box labeled DTS-HD Master Audio is checked, and you may want to also check the "core" DTS track just in case, uncheck the rest. As for playback software, try MPC-HC as it supports all audio formats and allows you to select which audio track you wish to play. I use it regularly, swear by it, available here: http://www.cccp-project.net/
Krawk

Post by Krawk »

You also should be aware that you need to rip the correct subtitle track if you plan on having Alien Dialog on the screen.
These instructions were not written by me, I would give credit where credit is due, if you search for Star Wars Subs you should find the original thread.

Quote --
For star wars blu ray box set I got this from another site (can't remember where):

For forced English subs only (alien speech) we found the following with MakeMKV:

Episode I: 6th English subtitle track (not the forced but the regular english one)

Episode II: 6th English subtitle track (not the forced one)

Episode III: None

Episode IV: 2nd English subtitle track (not the forced one)

Episode V: None

Episode VI: 6th English subtitle track (Not the forced one)