1.8.9 - Seems to still be forced subtitle flagging issue

Everything related to MakeMKV
PaulCB

1.8.9 - Seems to still be forced subtitle flagging issue

Post by PaulCB »

I'm still seeing what I assume is the same issue with 1.8.9. Both Looper and Rise of the Planet of the Apes had forced subtitles that were pulled but neither was flagged as forced (or default - I also included the main English subtitle track for both if that is relevant). I had to do so after using mkvpropedit.
mike admin

Re: 1.8.9 - Seems to still be forced subtitle flagging issue

Post by mike admin »

Could you edit the flags in GUI (expert mode)? What were the values?
PaulCB

Post by PaulCB »

Sorry, I hadn't even thought to look at them. Just used to the output defaulting to forced if it sees the track forced.
Yes, I can edit. When I select 'forced' (of course not knowing if it there is forced or not initially) the MKV flag is set as default on the first one and nothing on the other English Forced Only entries. None have the Forced flag. I can type in 'F'/'Forced' and see it marked as such in the UI and the output.
So am I correct in assuming when a sub "forced only" box is checked that the flag should automatically say Forced unless I manually change it? That is what I'm not seeing currently.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

PaulCB wrote:So am I correct in assuming when a sub "forced only" box is checked that the flag should automatically say Forced unless I manually change it?
No, unless you change the setting in corresponding profile. The default setting is

Code: Select all

ignoreForcedSubtitlesFlag="true"
and causes forced flag from source NOT to propagate to MKV file automatically. You can search this forum for the great holywar discussion that led to this decision.
PaulCB

Post by PaulCB »

So no forced subtitle will ever propagate automatically, meaning we either have to manually add the flag every time we check the forced subtitle box or have to check the file afterwards see if there is one there and then use editor program to flag it?
Must have been an interesting holy war... :S
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Actually on one of my recent rips, the forced subs (that were flagged as such on the BD) where also flagged in the resulting MKV on 1.8.9.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
aukevin

Post by aukevin »

mike admin wrote:
PaulCB wrote:So am I correct in assuming when a sub "forced only" box is checked that the flag should automatically say Forced unless I manually change it?
No, unless you change the setting in corresponding profile. The default setting is

Code: Select all

ignoreForcedSubtitlesFlag="true"
and causes forced flag from source NOT to propagate to MKV file automatically. You can search this forum for the great holywar discussion that led to this decision.
Hi there. I'm pretty new to all of this, I digitized all my DVDs and BR about a year ago. I was watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes this weekend for the first time after digitizing them and I noticed that when the apes do sign language, I no longer see the subtitles for that. Is this what you guys are talking about in this thread? Is there a way to get those special subs back but not any of the human talking? Thanks.