Game of Thrones Blu Ray

Everything related to MakeMKV
mrcmrc

Game of Thrones Blu Ray

Post by mrcmrc »

Hi all,
when ripping any season of Game of Thrones, blu ray edition (region 2), I see that I get every episode twice. The duration in minutes and seconds is the same, but the file size is slightly different, e.g.: one is 10,61 GB and the other is 10,69 GB. This happen with each episode (each disc of any season). Note that before ripping I select in MakeMKV the same video and audio languages.

Any ideas of why each episode is recorded twice and which of two is good to be trashed?

Thanks!
Woodstock

Re: Game of Thrones Blu Ray

Post by Woodstock »

Does one version have a commentary audio track?

There are a lot of ways to author DVD and BD content. Some list versions of episodes with commentary twice - once with the commentary, and once without it. The majority of the title are identical; the difference is whether the commentary track in included.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
mrcmrc

Re: Game of Thrones Blu Ray

Post by mrcmrc »

Woodstock wrote:Does one version have a commentary audio track?

There are a lot of ways to author DVD and BD content. Some list versions of episodes with commentary twice - once with the commentary, and once without it. The majority of the title are identical; the difference is whether the commentary track in included.
Thanks for your reply,
yes there is an audio commentary track but there is on both the tracks... but I've noted now that the bigger one in size has another audio track, but in mute (if I selected it in VLC I don't hear nothing)... oh well, with so little difference in size I can take the bigger one and trash the smaller one...

Thanks again,
- Marco.