HD Audio

Everything related to MakeMKV
aprosak

HD Audio

Post by aprosak »

Hi,
New to the board and the software. I'm in the process of putting our movies (dvd and Blu-ray) onto a hard drive for use in our condo. While I know we have a decent number of Blu-ray discs with HD audio, it has never shown up as an option for to include in making the copy. I've tried clicking it anyhow and get a copy of the movie with no audio. How do I make HD audio files transparent so I can select and copy them?
Thanks!!!
TheTerrorBeyond

Re: HD Audio

Post by TheTerrorBeyond »

You need to enable the advanced options.

I use this string in the default selection rule: -sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang|single),+sel:all, +sel:(lossless|havemulti|havecore),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang
Media Server: i7-6800k (6-core processor), 32GB RAM, MSI Carbon Pro board, SAS RAID, liquid cooling, NVIDIA 1080SC, (6) 10TB Barracuda Pro, (4)8TB Barracuda Pro, (1) 6TB Barracuda, (1) 4TB Barracuda, (1) Toshiba 512GB SSD, (1) Intel 256GB Intel M.2 SSD.
TheTerrorBeyond

Post by TheTerrorBeyond »

This thred from Yorgo will explain how to set up various rules:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15924
Media Server: i7-6800k (6-core processor), 32GB RAM, MSI Carbon Pro board, SAS RAID, liquid cooling, NVIDIA 1080SC, (6) 10TB Barracuda Pro, (4)8TB Barracuda Pro, (1) 6TB Barracuda, (1) 4TB Barracuda, (1) Toshiba 512GB SSD, (1) Intel 256GB Intel M.2 SSD.
aprosak

Post by aprosak »

Thank you very much!!! Now to re-burn some discs.
aprosak

Post by aprosak »

Okay, got the TrueHD "visable" so I can rip them. Rip my blu-ray, process the file with Handbrake while attaching the TrueHD file, copy it to our hard drive, go to play it and get..."Unsupported audio file format."

What we have put together is running a hard drive into a Sony BDP-S6500 via USB. The Sony is connected via HDMI to a Denon 5200 receiver. If I play an Atmos encoded blu-ray, everything works just fine, through the hard drive it doesn't. It'll play DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1 just fine. Does the Sony blu-ray not support the audio? What would? I'm hoping to upgrade to an Oppo 203 at some point, would this still have the same issue?
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

I'd bet the Sony BD player does not support HD audio formats when using USB, at least that's what I'm reading from this link, under Compatible Audio/Video/Photo Formats: https://www1.crutchfield.com/p_158BDP65 ... S6500.html. You may also run into Cinavia issues, see TheShoe's post regarding the Oppo 203: https://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopi ... 677#p54061.

An HTPC would work running Kodi, etc., as would a host of media players such as Dune, or Plex, or a computer using software players like MPC-HC, etc... Good news is you have lots of options.