Video exacts but not audio - Region 2 BluRay

Everything related to MakeMKV
njrising

Video exacts but not audio - Region 2 BluRay

Post by njrising »

I'm in my 30 day free trial and trying to extract video from a Region 2 BluRay. The video extracts fine but the audio does not. Does anyone have thoughts on what I can do to get this to work?

Thank you.
d00zah

Re: Video exacts but not audio - Region 2 BluRay

Post by d00zah »

What player are you using to play the .mkv? Have you tried selecting an alternate audio track, assuming you originally selected more than one?
njrising

Post by njrising »

I'm new to this software. Should I have selected an audio track before extracting the video from the BluRay disk? I didn't see any option to do that.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Unsure what the default selection rules pick & don't have a BD to test... I would guess all. Refer to 'Select content' section:

/onlinehelp/

Anyway, have you tried selecting a different audio track during playback?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The main cause of most "no audio" issues is, "Does your player support the audio codec from the source?"

A player that can handle most (but not all) common DVD/Bluray audio codecs is VLC, from videolan.org. If it can play the video with audio, then the rip was successful, but, you still have an issue between the MKV file's contents and your normal player. VLC can also tell you what the audio codec is, so you can check compatibility with your player.

My personal selection rules are to get "every" audio and subtitle track, regardless of language, and sort things out later. BD audio selections are numerous, but most disks will include a "compatible" audio track that a BD player can select if it cannot do the advanced stuff.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging