No PayPal Option for Buying MakeMKV

Everything related to MakeMKV
VFRMan

No PayPal Option for Buying MakeMKV

Post by VFRMan »

I was going to buy MakeMKV, and although buy page shows PayPal as a payment option (/buy/) when I select Buy Now Icon at the bottom of the page, PayPal is not listed as one of the payment options on the following page.
d00zah

Re: No PayPal Option for Buying MakeMKV

Post by d00zah »

PayPal chooses to not do business with what THEY consider to be 'piracy-related' apps...

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/search.ph ... mit=Search
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

What's really weird about the PayPal policy is you can still use PayPal to buy actual pirated disks from Malaysia, China, or where ever. Just not programs that can convert disks to a usable format.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
preserve

Post by preserve »

Always wanted to pay with PayPal in USD, since I keep spare USD funds in my PayPal account, so I never registered. I would have registered a long time ago if PayPal was accepted.

Finally gave in and bought MakeMKV with credit card (forced to accept Avangate's conversion rate to my local currency) the other day when the site came back up.

Been using MakeMKV for a long time and intend to keep using it for a long time, so really the cost was well worth it and Mike definitely deserves to be supported for all his hard work.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00