Stuck on installation

Everything related to MakeMKV
AlyssaVS

Stuck on installation

Post by AlyssaVS »

I am using Linux Ubuntu 16.04. I have downloaded and extracted: /download/makemkv-bin-1.10.7.tar.gz, /download/makemkv-oss-1.10.7.tar.gz. I then entered the code: sudo apt-get install build-essential pkg-config libc6-dev libssl-dev libexpat1-dev libavcodec-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libqt4-dev. I am attempting to do the next steps and am stuck. The directions say to "unpack" (which I thought I already did when I extracted the files). and enter:
./configure
make
sudo make install

I get error messages and not found. Please explain what I am missing. Obviously I'm missing a step somewhere. Thank you!
tim.c

Re: Stuck on installation

Post by tim.c »

Not sure if you fixed your issue.

Basically i ran into the same issue on fedora 24. To get round this i pulled down an older version of ffmpeg, 2.7.7 to be precise which contains libavcodec.so.56 & libavutil.so.54. I'm sure you if you spend some time looking at configure you can just build these two libraries but use the following

Code: Select all

./configure --enable-shared --disable-static
make
Once this completes you can find libavcodec.so.56 libavutil.so.54 and libswresample.so.1 in child directories which is required to satisfy makemkvcon dependances. Copy these three files to /usr/lib64