Blind Caption is on

Everything related to MakeMKV
jamesgrammer

Blind Caption is on

Post by jamesgrammer »

Hello,
I recently downloaded the trial and I am ripping blu-rays, Avengers, and Age of Ultron but the bling caption is on when I play it through WMP. I love the quality of the rip but I cannot add it to my library with the blind caption on. Could you please help me turn it off.
Woodstock

Re: Blind Caption is on

Post by Woodstock »

The "descriptive audio track" is a separate audio track. Did you select "all" audio tracks, or let MakeMKV make the selection? The default rules are based on the "quality" of the track, selecting things like 5.1 audio over a 2.0 stereo track, so it can sometimes grab the wrong one.

For this reason, I have MakeMKV rip ALL audio tracks, then select which ones I want afterward, by listening to each track as the movie is played in VLC. At that point, I use handbrake to compress the movie and arrange the audio tracks the way I want them; If you don't want do any compression or conversion, mkvmerge from mkvtoolnix can be used to re-arrange track order to suit your playback devices/programs.

If the descriptive track is the ONLY track you ripped, then you'll have to re-rip with the other tracks.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
jamesgrammer

Post by jamesgrammer »

I do not see how I can select different audio tracks in MKV it looks very basic. Preferences seems useless. How do I do what you are talking about?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging