small suggestion

Everything related to MakeMKV
jpaul1

small suggestion

Post by jpaul1 »

Hello, i love the soft. it's much more pratical than having subfolders with vob stuff for backing up stuff. i have a small suggestion. it would be great, if we could insert comments in the file during the creation. that way we could sort our series by season folders. and also i find the price tag of the soft a bit high. i mean it's great soft, but 60E, no way someone will purchase it for supporting the company
Woodstock

Re: small suggestion

Post by Woodstock »

You can add meta data in Expert mode. https://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16405
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
rivey

Post by rivey »

jpaul1 wrote:Hello, i love the soft. ....and also i find the price tag of the soft a bit high. i mean it's great soft, but 60E, no way someone will purchase it for supporting the company
After I had used the program for less than a month, I realized what a great value it is and paid the $50.00 (US). I have spent a lot more than that on new blu-rays and UHD's. If the average UHD is say $29.00 for new releases, and I have over 30 of them now since the beginning of the year, then why can't I afford to pay for a program that enables me to rip them to my server? and that doesn't take into consideration the normal blu-rays that I buy because those discs are not available on UHD.

Then there is the most important reason to pay the money, Mike!!! I don't really consider this beta software since it works quite well. Mike sees to it that the latest discs are supported as well as working hard to deal with any major changes like that new security structure that we have started to see recently. If he and others weren't here to support the software, we would all have to pay a lot more money for the other programs out there that cost a lot more money and don't work as well. Bottom line, if you can afford to buy new discs and burn them, you CAN afford a lousy $50.00(US) for this great program. And if you are only renting the discs and then ripping them, you are commiting theft of intellectual property. I am not saying you are doing that, but there are many that do. If I have offended the OP, I am sorry but I am tired of people using the program and not buying it like most of us. I have never met Mike nor have I ever spoken with him, but he is here to support us with a great piece of software so we SHOULD support him and his software!!!!!!!

Bob Ivey
(Whenever I go on a rant like this, I always sign my name so there is no doubt who is making the statement. If I am willing to say harsh things, I should be willing to identify myself.)
jpaul1

Post by jpaul1 »

yeah the software is valuable no doubt about that. but you see personnally i just have a series to back up. i have something like 50 DVD to rip. it's quite a number, but apart from that i'm pretty sure i won't use the soft for 5/6 years. maybe they should add a donation button. better lot of small, than none of big ;). will try the expert mode right now. thanks a lot Image
rivey

Post by rivey »

jpaul1 wrote:yeah the software is valuable no doubt about that. but you see personally i just have a series to back up. i have something like 50 DVD to rip. it's quite a number, but apart from that i'm pretty sure i won't use the soft for 5/6 years. maybe they should add a donation button. better lot of small, than none of big ;). will try the expert mode right now. thanks a lot Image
Let me ask you a question, I assume that you have a job. I also assume that you expect to be paid every week by your employer. So, what is the difference. I am a 69 year old low voltage contractor and alarm dealer. I continue to work, because I can't afford to retire. We live week to week so $50.00 means a lot to me. I went to a customers home yesterday and repaired his phone wiring that the phone company screwed up. I have known this gentleman for at least 30 years and still expect to get paid for doing the work even though I consider him a friend. Same thing applies to this software. I can see ripping a couple of discs just to see how the program works, but if you are going to continue to use the program, then you need to pay for the privilege. You come to this forum and ask for help but won't pay a small amount for the program. I would call on Mike to only allow the unpaid program to only work for a few rips and then after that you would have to buy the program to use it. This is just my opinion but that is what the other programs that rip discs do and they cost a lot more than $50.00 (US). I am sorry but people who make the statements that you do really tick me off. If you were Mike, how would you feel. I guess you only care about yourself and all others don't count. I hope that some day you will learn that your attitude is just plain selfish.

Bob Ivey
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

Not gonna say too much on this matter. The ONLY competition costs 4 times as much (200+ Euros). So, if you think MakeMKV price is unfair. Feel free to buy their option. Now have fun.
jpaul1

Post by jpaul1 »

lot of suppositions, lot of extrapolations.. now let's close this, would you. and thanks to the dev(s) for that awesome software.. btw