"on-the-fly" decryption software

Everything related to MakeMKV
CRCCLT

"on-the-fly" decryption software

Post by CRCCLT »

Hi, sorry if this has been addressed. I searched for "on-the-fly", but didn't find anything. I have been using MakeMKV for years and love it. Today, for the first time, I got the message below.

- What software could be interfering? I haven't installed anything lately and as recently as three days ago it worked fine.
- If I cannot identify/turn off the conflict, am I good to continue? What is the likelihood of errors/what will they look like?
- As background, I just bought the six-disc blu ray set of the Alien movies and that is what I am trying to rip (this happened with the first disc - Alien).

Thanks for your help.

C.

It appears that you have on-the-fly decryption software enabled. MakeMKV should process discs with most sophisticated protections without help of any 3rd party decryption software. In addition MakeMKV works faster and more reliably when it decrypts data by itself. It is highly recommended to disable such software and restart the application.
Woodstock

Re: "on-the-fly" decryption software

Post by Woodstock »

This is not the first time this exact question has been asked... Searching for "on the fly" doesn't work because the software does not index words shorter than 4 characters.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22799 asks the exact question in 2020, with no real resolution. MakeMKV is detecting something trying to decode the disk while it is trying, so it complains. It MAY be Windows running DVD software; do you have something like that installed?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
CRCCLT

Post by CRCCLT »

I'm on a Mac (should have mentioned that). And I misremembered about not installing anything. I installed What's App for Mac over the weekend. I have uninstalled it, and rebooted the system. I'm still getting the message, but I pushed forward with the rip. It seems to be working (no additional messages/errors), but very slowly (what would normally be a 20 minute rip is now pushing 40 minutes and says there is still 20 to go.

I don't mind it taking longer as long as it works.

Thanks for replying.

C.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

CRCCLT wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:24 pm
I'm on a Mac (should have mentioned that). And I misremembered about not installing anything. I installed What's App for Mac over the weekend. I have uninstalled it, and rebooted the system. I'm still getting the message, but I pushed forward with the rip. It seems to be working (no additional messages/errors), but very slowly (what would normally be a 20 minute rip is now pushing 40 minutes and says there is still 20 to go.

I don't mind it taking longer as long as it works.

Thanks for replying.

C.
Sounds like a fake disc that was already decrypted and then burned then sold to you
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
CRCCLT

Post by CRCCLT »

Huh. Interesting. I got it off eBay and the packaging looks very authentic, but now that you mention it, the data side of the discs does look different. I didn’t think much about it until your comment. But yes, I think you may be right.

When I proceeded with the rip, MakeMKV said it was treating it as unencrypted and it still ripped.

Thank you.

C.
Sc0ttishGamer88

Post by Sc0ttishGamer88 »

Just had this same warning with a copy of 1989 the punisher. bought from ebay from rare film shop. never looked at the disc before popping it in my player, just chucked it in and went to rip it and the message came up.
after seeing this post and how it could happen with a forgery I took the disc out and lo and behold it's a blue burnable disc with a silly paper label on it.
First time this has ever happened to me on ebay or with rare film shop, whom I have bought very many blu-rays from in the past. very sad to see.

Yeah keep an eye out for fake blu-rays.

Thanks for the post OP