Feature Request : Functionality to change the default Flags for tracks on the GUI

Everything related to MakeMKV
ancient

Feature Request : Functionality to change the default Flags for tracks on the GUI

Post by ancient »

Hi Team

Could we please have the functionality to change the default Flags for tracks on the GUI (without editing profiles manually)

eg, to force subtitles to be on, as well as to set which track to be marked as default?

Many thanks
dcoke22

Re: Feature Request : Functionality to change the default Flags for tracks on the GUI

Post by dcoke22 »

In the GUI, one can currently mark a subtitle track as default, forced, both or neither. Is that what you're asking for? Or something else?

To mark a subtitle track, open a disc and highlight the subtitle track in question. Select 'MKV Flags' in the Properties box (on the right half of the screen). In that field, type a 'd' for Default and/or an 'f' for Forced. Once you leave that field, you'll see the info update.

The resulting .mkv file will have those flags set for the track(s) in question. What your player does with that is another matter.
ancient

Re: Feature Request : Functionality to change the default Flags for tracks on the GUI

Post by ancient »

Thanks for the info dcoke22... I had no idea it could be set there too.
Just tried it and yay! it does force it.

I didn't see that in the FAQ... is there a guide describing other values ( besides d and f ) for that task (or audio tracks) ... or are they the only 2 available / needed ?

Is there a difference between setting it using MakeMKV or MKVToolNix ?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

ancient wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:40 pm
I didn't see that in the FAQ... is there a guide describing other values ( besides d and f ) for that task (or audio tracks) ... or are they the only 2 available / needed ?
I don't know. d and f are all I've ever needed.
ancient wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:40 pm
Is there a difference between setting it using MakeMKV or MKVToolNix ?
No. I use both interchangeably.
ancient

Post by ancient »

Thank you, appreciated.