MakeMKVCon confusion

Everything related to MakeMKV
TheNoob

MakeMKVCon confusion

Post by TheNoob »

Hi long time user first time poster. I made a script a few years back that backs up my discs and then uses makemkvcon to decrypt them afterwards. And this used to work great. But idk if the syntax changed but for some reason the command I used to use doesn't work anymore. And I'm hoping somebody here is way smarter than me and knows what I'm missing. I tried looking at that legendary usage.txt. And a few other similar ones people put on this forum. And I'm thinking I might be the only person trying to do this. Below is the example code

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\makemkvcon64.exe" --decrypt --noscan --progress=-same mkv file:"S:\INPUT" all "S:\OUTPUT"

Theoretically I could just make it do the decryption directly from the dvds. But I find that's slightly slower. And I kinda like using robocopy for this because I can set my parameters however I like. But obviously thats what I'll do if I can't figure this out. One might ask how I got copy protected discs to copy using robocopy. The answer is jank. Jank all the way down.
TheNoob

Re: MakeMKVCon confusion

Post by TheNoob »

Gonna be a good guy greg here. If anybody ever encounters this problem of trying to decyrpt from existing folders. The folder has to be named VIDEO_TS in order to function correctly. I think that it should give an error or something. This took me way too long to diagnose.