Two titles showing up in MakeMKV?

Everything related to MakeMKV
HeavenGD

Two titles showing up in MakeMKV?

Post by HeavenGD »

First day getting into ripping blu rays. Noticed that there were two title's available when ripping Avatar: The Way of Water. (4K Blu Ray)
Only diference in title info is the Source file name being one digit higher on the botom one. I've already ripped one of these files, but now I wonder if the other one serves some sort of purpose? Or should I simply ignore it the next time I come across this?

I've provided a screenshot for more clarity.

Hopefully someone can explain this to me.
Woodstock

Re: Two titles showing up in MakeMKV?

Post by Woodstock »

Ah, you haven't tried ripping a Lionsgate title yet...

There are multiple "cuts" available on different disks. Disney and related companies will have multiple languages split between two and three copies, differing only where there is a lot of text on the screen (opening and closing of the film). Some disks will have extended cuts available as a separate title, only differing where the new scenes were added.

Lionsgate-related titles will have dozens of cuts, only one being correct, to confuse people.

Typically, you rip/keep the one you want to watch.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
TK-24601

Re: Two titles showing up in MakeMKV?

Post by TK-24601 »

Woodstock wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:48 pm
Ah, you haven't tried ripping a Lionsgate title yet...

There are multiple "cuts" available on different disks. Disney and related companies will have multiple languages split between two and three copies, differing only where there is a lot of text on the screen (opening and closing of the film). Some disks will have extended cuts available as a separate title, only differing where the new scenes were added.

Lionsgate-related titles will have dozens of cuts, only one being correct, to confuse people.

Typically, you rip/keep the one you want to watch.
No joke! I opened one of the Twilight movies and have something like 600 playlists!

OP, for DIsney discs generally the 800 playlist is the english movie. The other two will generally have a Spanish or French opening title sequences.