Thank You To The MakeMkv Staff

Everything related to MakeMKV
kevin040474

Thank You To The MakeMkv Staff

Post by kevin040474 »

I bought the key for makemkv to support the software development it is well worth it to me
due to the fact i use this program so much. I have burnt up 2 drive's from over use lol. I have Ripped 257 4k movies,32 Blu-Ray TV series,30 Blu-Ray movies and 20 DVD TV Series.
eksine

Re: Thank You To The MakeMkv Staff

Post by eksine »

I don't think that's why the drives are burning up. many LG and asus drives burn up. my ASUS BW-16D1HT burned up quick, but the second one is a newer batch seems to be working fine still, much longer than the first one. I did buy the flasher from billy here on the forum though, worth every cent and more. he recommended pioneer drives, he told me some specific models that are reliable, I'll consider them if this one burns up. I'm using a external nexstar dx2 case and even replaced the power supply with a laptop from a good manufacturer
Khamo

Re: Thank You To The MakeMkv Staff

Post by Khamo »

eksine wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:22 am
I don't think that's why the drives are burning up. many LG and asus drives burn up. my ASUS BW-16D1HT burned up quick, but the second one is a newer batch seems to be working fine still, much longer than the first one. I did buy the flasher from billy here on the forum though, worth every cent and more. he recommended pioneer drives, he told me some specific models that are reliable, I'll consider them if this one burns up. I'm using a external nexstar dx2 case and even replaced the power supply with a laptop from a good manufacturer
Therefore, the quality of the drive and purchasing from authorized sources are still the best choices. However, I don't think you should be too greedy because it can malfunction at any time.