Level Up Karma for PM! New to MakeMKV

Everything related to MakeMKV
InfDisco

Level Up Karma for PM! New to MakeMKV

Post by InfDisco »

Hello, I'm new to the world of MakeMKV and found my way here by researching external optical drives and bouncing off of certain reddit posts. My first thought for a drive was to get one to solely rip cd's into FLAC format because I have a 200 disc changer that I never use because it's inconvenient! An insane hyperfocus episode lead me to procure older physical media items from the 200 disc changer, dual cassette deck, minidisc/cd recorder combo, minidisc player, laserdisc, vinyl, VCR, and modern UHD/Blu-Ray discs. I felt physical media was superior because there's a certain quality that the streaming options lack. Naturally all of this lead me to not use any of it as it's inconvenient to use due to the physical space requirements of all of this kit.

As stated, this started with the desire to rip cd's which morphed into wanting to back up my movies as well. I'm particular with my devices and don't like buying just the bare minimum to get something done. My local computer store had the Pioneer XS07S which has firmware old enough to allow UHD reading. In order to obtain the unlock for my drive I need to be able to PM which is why I'm making this post.

Has anyone else delved into episodes of hyperfocus like I've described? I feel like I can't be the only one. My thought is to sell or donate the 200 disc cd changer and figure out my life choices while I archive the majority of my physical media.
Coopervid

Re: Level Up Karma for PM! New to MakeMKV

Post by Coopervid »

Check PM and reply as soon as you are allowed to.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I still have and occasionally use a 5-disc CD changer. Sometimes I enjoy listening to my Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs version of Dark Side of the Moon and other ridiculous things.
CJT80

Post by CJT80 »

Being a Child of the 80’s and a Teen of the 90’s I have a huge collection of CD’s, none of which I’ve played in ages. Why… because it’s easier to stream the music. So I decided if that’s how I’m going to listen to the music I may as well rip all my CD’s. That led me to decide to do the same with my DVD/Blu-ray’s. Haven’t ripped any movies as yet, but that’s what bought me here!
Thanks

CJT :D