OT: doom9 forum registration?

Everything related to MakeMKV
jemima

OT: doom9 forum registration?

Post by jemima »

Hey there.

Sorry for being a bit off-topic (well doom9 forum is a good place for discussing copy protections, so there is a slight relation to MakeMKV).

Since some weeks now I've been trying to register to the doom9 Forum, but there simply never arrives any confirmation mail (and yes I've checked spam folder, tried with ~5 different mail providers and even tried with an own MTA).

Without the confirmation however, the accounts are completely locked (one cannot even see posts which are publicly available when not-logged-in o.O). One cannot PM administrators either.
Even tried to write to the mails at http://www.doom9.org/contact_info.htm a month ago, but no reply or relief from the issues.

Any idea how to tell them their registration is broken or how to get an account?

Thanks,
Jemima
Manyfold

Re: OT: doom9 forum registration?

Post by Manyfold »

Well, that's not what you want to hear, but I'd like to support you at least by confirming that I have exactly the same problem.

Any ideas?
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

I have sent a message to the mod and pasted a link to this thread.
jemima

Post by jemima »

Thanks for confirming respectively forwarding the issue :-)
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

I'm not confirming. I have registered a long time ago.
jemima

Post by jemima »

Coopervid wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:46 pm
I'm not confirming. I have registered a long time ago.
Yes, you forwarded,... but the poster before you confirmed having the same problem :-)
tebasuna51

Post by tebasuna51 »

There are a Doom9 user jemima awaiting for email confirmation from january 27 and other jemima123 from january 17
Does not exist any Manyfold user

I can put your message in the moderators thread but only a Administrator (Doom9 or Swede) can solve any problem about this.
jemima

Post by jemima »

tebasuna51 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:40 am
There are a Doom9 user jemima awaiting for email confirmation from january 27 and other jemima123 from january 17
Does not exist any Manyfold user

I can put your message in the moderators thread but only a Administrator (Doom9 or Swede) can solve any problem about this.
Well I actually *had* an approved account, and just wanted to update my email address there (baaad mistake ^^). I already got no confirmation mail for that and the account got thus completely blocked.

Then I tried to create a new one, but when that also failed I tried with a few, assuming they would just dislike my email provider.

The problem is - as said - that none of these confirmation mails ever seem to arrive (or even be sent - as I've said, I tried with my own MTA and it didn't even get a TCP connection for this).
jemima

Post by jemima »

Oh and btw: If you are so kind and forward this to the doom9 moderators... and if they do not just generally fix the problem but only aknowledge my account... I do unfortunately not remmber whether the "jemima" one, is with a usable mail address (I tried one of the accs with a throw away mail - obviously not in bad faith).