Changing file names help

Everything related to MakeMKV
buccy

Changing file names help

Post by buccy »

I've looked around on here and on other forums and I'm not actually finding a way to change the default file names from anything other then something like "B1_t00" It outputs that to a folder with the name of the movie and I'd love it if my file name would include the name of the movie so I don't need to rename them all later. Is there an output name template that does this? Currently mine is the default at "{NAME1}{-:CMNT1}{-:DT}{title:+DFLT}{_t:N2}"
Woodstock

Re: Changing file names help

Post by Woodstock »

The template uses the file name AS KNOWN AT THE TIME. A lot of disks do not have a file name built in (mostly DVDs, but some BDs are like this), so the template doesn't know what to do.

Changing the name on the FIRST entry on the disk can give it a name to use. That first entry is the disk name, not a track name, so it is picked up by the template. The title NUMBER will normally be used with the template you have, but that can be overridden (I do it a LOT). It will show up in the filename portion of the pull-down, not the initial section.

I probably should remove that from my template, since I never use it, but... laziness can be hard to fight.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
DanHolli

Re: Changing file names help

Post by DanHolli »

I would like to reiterate and add to what's going on..

MakeMKV only knows what the disc tells it about the tracks/videos which is usually a comment like "C1" or the like. Unfortunately this cannot be worked around without some sort of content ID system which in many cases would take much longer than looking at the disc and comparing video lengths and/or intro title
Moderately skilled script kitty :)
Automation is how I run