Initial Start-up

Everything related to MakeMKV
hwrd69

Initial Start-up

Post by hwrd69 »

I can't find where this has been discussed before, but it would be nice to have some type indication during start-up that the program is processing start-up instead of just sitting there. A spinning wheel, or whatever is popular today to show that the program is working but is currently busy.
Woodstock

Re: Initial Start-up

Post by Woodstock »

Not sure what you mean - MakeMKV has something "moving" when it's busy, and it's static when it is waiting. Start the program, and it has bars that move while it's checking the system, then a static screen when it's waiting. Open the drive bay, and the window changes to show the drive is moving. Insert a disk, and it indicates it is reading the disk, then goes static when it's waiting for you. Something is always moving when the program is BUSY.

Are you SURE you're asking about MakeMKV?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
dmdmmatt4

Re: Initial Start-up

Post by dmdmmatt4 »

The nature of a program that interacts with optical drives is that those drives sometimes take many seconds to respond to individual requests, so applications can be made to wait several seconds quite often. I'm ok with this, it's expected. The alternative is programmers spend time writing multi-threaded code that can give you tickers and the like instead of making the program better at what we really want it to do - which is to be really good at ripping blu rays .. I know where I'd appreciate the work the most.