Small Feature Addition

Everything related to MakeMKV
JPV119

Small Feature Addition

Post by JPV119 »

Hi,

With regards to the 'Volume Key is Unknown for this disk' error.. and manually sending the AACS dump file
to the specified email address.

When this error happens and as a new feature to the program,
would it not be better for the program to automatically open a small 'Backup Failed' Dialog Box
stating the same error with a 'Would you like to send the AACS dump file' with
Yes or No buttons.

When the User selects the 'Yes' button the AACS dump file is automatically sent off to the
svq@makemkv.com email address.

Just a thought.

Thanks,

Jason V
Billycar11

Re: Small Feature Addition

Post by Billycar11 »

JPV119 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:21 am
Hi,

With regards to the 'Volume Key is Unknown for this disk' error.. and manually sending the AACS dump file
to the specified email address.

When this error happens and as a new feature to the program,
would it not be better for the program to automatically open a small 'Backup Failed' Dialog Box
stating the same error with a 'Would you like to send the AACS dump file' with
Yes or No buttons.

When the User selects the 'Yes' button the AACS dump file is automatically sent off to the
svq@makemkv.com email address.

Just a thought.

Thanks,

Jason V
yes but i believe the creator is very privacy focused and he does not like the idea of makemkv being able to create and send information automatically or from a misclick plus it would give companies another way to snoop on makemkv seeing how and where that stuff is being sent back to
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
JPV119

Re: Small Feature Addition

Post by JPV119 »

Billycar11 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:45 am

yes but i believe the creator is very privacy focused and he does not like the idea of makemkv being able to create and send information automatically or from a misclick plus it would give companies another way to snoop on makemkv seeing how and where that stuff is being sent back to
Understandable.. though I used DVDFab from literally 2005 - 2015 until I moved over to makemkv...
DVDFab have a ridiculous number of programs in this same category and most of their procedures were automated..
They started in 2003 and are still going strong now, so going off that info I'm not sure how private you would have to be.

I recommend makemkv over DVDFab, it was only an example and I'm sure creator knows what they're doing.

Thanks.

Jason V