Buying MakeMKV

Everything related to MakeMKV
apdso9

Buying MakeMKV

Post by apdso9 »

Hi,
I think MakeMKV is actual the best bluray ripper for mac.
I consider to buy this piece of software. 60 bugs for an beta is not very cheap, I think the developer ist very self-confident :lol:
How long would the license be valid. Are further updates included. :?:
If the next version also costs 30 or 40 bugs I have to look for an option. :twisted:
I want to support this projekt :mrgreen:
crowfax

Re: Buying MakeMKV

Post by crowfax »

apdso9 wrote:I think MakeMKV is actual the best bluray ripper for mac.
Yes it is.
apdso9 wrote:I consider to buy this piece of software. 60 bugs for an beta is not very cheap, I think the developer ist very self-confident
Well he has made the best ripper. Also, $50 is the price of 2 blu-ray discs, that's pretty cheap.
apdso9 wrote:How long would the license be valid. Are further updates included.
Lifetime updates.
apdso9 wrote:I want to support this projekt
http://makemkv.com/buy/
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
jocalafla

Post by jocalafla »

A related question. I run OS X, Linux and Win7 and love the fact that makemkv is multi-platform. Does the license fee cover me for all the OSs or must I buy a license for each?
tron21net

Post by tron21net »

Since you don't have an option to choose which OS you're buying the license for and that I've used my license on both Windows and Linux versions without problems then I'd say it's a single license for whatever OS you choose to use it on. The only limitation / expectation is that you don't run MakeMKV on more than one machine at the same time using the same license key.
jocalafla

Post by jocalafla »

tron21net wrote:Since you don't have an option to choose which OS you're buying the license for and that I've used my license on both Windows and Linux versions without problems then I'd say it's a single license for whatever OS you choose to use it on. The only limitation / expectation is that you don't run MakeMKV on more than one machine at the same time using the same license key.
Excellent. I think that's quite fair.
vondrack

Post by vondrack »

I would like to purchase a permanent MakeMKV license for someone else, who's not comfortable purchasing online himself. I suppose I will need to provide my own details to get the payment authorized by avangate... however, I need the license purchased to belong to that other person, not to me.

Is the license key in any way "personalized" (as in: embedding any personal details like name or email address)?

I would have asked this rather unusual question by email or PM, but it appears there is no contact email address known for the maker of this program - and as a newly registered forum member, PMs appear to be disabled for me... so the only option left seems to be the forum.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

vondrack wrote:Is the license key in any way "personalized" (as in: embedding any personal details like name or email address)?
You don't need to enter any personal information to register the program, just the license key. However payment processing is done by Avangate and if you ever loose your registration key, they can only resend to the same email address you've entered during purchase.
seantnichols

Post by seantnichols »

I have 2 days left on my eval and i'm about ready to purchase a license but I have one question; Obviously I shouldn't use my license on more than one machine at the same time (and can't since i only have one drive) but my drive is USB, I use it during the day on my MacPro and at night on my MacBook Pro. Am I right in assuming that to be a totally justified use of my license?
skittle

Post by skittle »

Yes Mike has stated that the liscense allows multiple computers, but not both running makemkv simultaneously. Your situation is a good example of it being ok :)