mkv version 1 6 10 problem with subtitles (to fast)

Everything related to MakeMKV
chimeguy

mkv version 1 6 10 problem with subtitles (to fast)

Post by chimeguy »

mkv version 1 6 10 problem with subtitles (subtitles are flashing to fast)
sometimes on screen for only 2-5 seconds,. this is bad as I watch a lot of foreign movies!!
I did not have this problem with previous versions. previous I had almost always
ripped the dvd to vob folders first then convert to mkv. 4 movies yesterday I converted
straight from DVD to MKV using version 1 6 10 of make mkv.
Axehandler

Re: mkv version 1 6 10 problem with subtitles (to fast)

Post by Axehandler »

Known issue :)

(Mike : Thanks for this information - indeed, the new 1.6.10 doesn't put duration on subtitle frames. The next version will put duration back. A bug in 1.6.10 .)
chimeguy

Post by chimeguy »

when will the new version be out? that means I have to re order and re convert 20 DVDs
all foreign film (subtitles not working)

if this was known issues why was it not posted?
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@chimeguy

Hi!
that means I have to re order and re convert 20 DVDs
By "re order", do you mean it's a big deal to put 20 DVDs in a specific sequence - or do you mean something else?

crowfax

Post by crowfax »

setarip_old wrote:By "re order", do you mean it's a big deal to put 20 DVDs in a specific sequence - or do you mean something else?
Discussion of "something else" isn't appropriate on this forum. So you really shouldn't be asking.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@crowfax

Hi!

The OP is certainly entitled to the opportunity to clarify his/her posting, rather than have another member presume to know what he/she means by "re order".

(Perhaps when "mike admin" gets around to implementing formal basic rules for the forum similar and more obvious posts will be reported as rules violations, cumulatively subject to temporary suspension from forum posting)

crowfax

Post by crowfax »

setarip_old wrote:The OP is certainly entitled to the opportunity to clarify his/her posting, rather than have another member presume to know what he/she means by "re order".
Well colour me confused. Why is it that you need them to clarify their statement in order to help them?

Perhaps I missed something, but that part of their posting appears to have nothing to do with MakeMKV, nor can anyone help them with it. So, I'm confused as to why you, or anyone else, needs it clarifying.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@crowfax
Why is it that you need them to clarify their statement in order to help them?
Precisely because the OP's statement doesn't clearly indicate WHY there is a need to "re order". In life, business, school, and forums, the best way to help a poster, for both present and future questions, is to get the poster to express his/her questions clearly and thoroughly.
that part of their posting appears to have nothing to do with MakeMKV, nor can anyone help them with it.
That is presumption on your part - and although it may prove to be correct, this won't be KNOWN until/unless the OP clarifies what was meant by "re order"...

BrownRat

Post by BrownRat »

Are there known issues with Bluray rips made with 1.6.10? I ask for the same reason as the OP.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

setarip_old wrote:Precisely because the OP's statement doesn't clearly indicate WHY there is a need to "re order".
Nor did they ask for any help with it.
setarip_old wrote:That is presumption on your part
No it isn't. The only thing they asked was why the bug wasn't posted. It has nothing to do with your line of questioning.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@BrownRat

Hi!
Are there known issues with Bluray rips made with 1.6.10?
After reading through all posts specifically related to full disc Blu-ray backups ("Blu-ray rips" - either encrypted or decrypted) made using MakeMKV v.1.6.10, I've seen nothing to indicate any issues...

Axehandler

Post by Axehandler »

crowfax wrote:
setarip_old wrote:Precisely because the OP's statement doesn't clearly indicate WHY there is a need to "re order".
Nor did they ask for any help with it.
setarip_old wrote:That is presumption on your part
No it isn't. The only thing they asked was why the bug wasn't posted. It has nothing to do with your line of questioning.
This is setarip_old's way of saying that the OP is POSSIABLY admitting to ordering/renting and ripping movies.. which is not allowed. He honestly should have just stated that instead of beating around the bush like he is doing.

Axe
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

BrownRat wrote:Are there known issues with Bluray rips made with 1.6.10? I ask for the same reason as the OP.
For subtitles, the frame length is not encoded in MKV metadata ( but obviously is preserved in stream) so players that use MKV metadata flash subtitles too fast.
Seek metadata is written every 2 seconds and DTS-HD/TrueHD non-sync frames are marked as such. In practice that means that some players will take a very long time (~20 sec) to sync after seek.
Actual streams are always preserved correctly. If the file plays for you, then you don't need to worry. If the file doesn't play then remuxing with MMG ( or next version of MakeMKV from MKV file) should fix the file.