Star Trek 2009 & Avatar Extended issues

Everything related to MakeMKV
UNC-BLU

Star Trek 2009 & Avatar Extended issues

Post by UNC-BLU »

My first post here so bear with me as I finally broke down & needed to ask for help!! I've successfully encoded Gladiator & Aliens to MKV complete with their DTS-MA tracks intact. Star Trek (2009) however only encodes the DD 5.1 not the TrueHD track even though both are selected. So when I go to play it through my OPPO BDP-93 via USB with external HDD & I choose the TrueHD audio track it doesn't even register & says "This audio is not supported", however the regular DD 5.1 track plays without incident.

My second issue is getting Avatar Extended Edition past the decryption level...apparently I don't have the correct keys but I'm running the latest version for Mac-OSX. I'm also having trouble locating where to download the keys & then how to implement them into the software. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
setarip_old

Re: Star Trek 2009 & Avatar Extended issues

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!
my OPPO BDP-93 via USB with external HDD & I choose the TrueHD audio track it doesn't even register & says "This audio is not supported"
Sounds like your PLAYBACK system can't handle that audio format.
Star Trek (2009) however only encodes the DD 5.1 not the TrueHD
How did you determine this?

UNC-BLU

Post by UNC-BLU »

Is there a way to see what audio encodes are on the file?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Yes. Use mediainfo. However, your oppo doesn't support hd audio bitstreaming in an mkv container yet iirc.
UNC-BLU

Post by UNC-BLU »

SamuriHL wrote:Yes. Use mediainfo. However, your oppo doesn't support hd audio bitstreaming in an mkv container yet iirc.

Oh, that's odd. The HD Master Audio seems to work on other titles as my Marantz SR-7005 receiver displays it properly.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

UNC-BLU wrote:
SamuriHL wrote:Yes. Use mediainfo. However, your oppo doesn't support hd audio bitstreaming in an mkv container yet iirc.

Oh, that's odd. The HD Master Audio seems to work on other titles as my Marantz SR-7005 receiver displays it properly.
It's possible it's just TrueHD that doesn't work. I don't have one myself, but, I know a couple guys that do have the Oppo. I know Oppo was working on it, so, maybe it's improved, but, I'm guessing the Oppo has issues...at least with TrueHD.
UNC-BLU

Post by UNC-BLU »

SamuriHL wrote:
UNC-BLU wrote:

It's possible it's just TrueHD that doesn't work. I don't have one myself, but, I know a couple guys that do have the Oppo. I know Oppo was working on it, so, maybe it's improved, but, I'm guessing the Oppo has issues...at least with TrueHD.

Good to know! I'll look into the other forums to see what's up with the Oppo!
UNC-BLU

Post by UNC-BLU »

So any thoughts on why Avatar Extended is not getting decrypted?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Can't help you on the decryption thing. I don't use MakeMKV's decryption capabilities. Make sure the "Allow to contact the server for updates" checkbox is checked on the general tab in options, though. Then it should download what you need automagically.
UNC-BLU

Post by UNC-BLU »

SamuriHL wrote:Can't help you on the decryption thing. I don't use MakeMKV's decryption capabilities. Make sure the "Allow to contact the server for updates" checkbox is checked on the general tab in options, though. Then it should download what you need automagically.

I have done that & for whatever reason, Avatar Extended just won't convert to MKV. :|
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

UNC-BLU wrote: I have done that & for whatever reason, Avatar Extended just won't convert to MKV. :|
Then hopefully Mike or someone else can help you with that one. Definitely not sure.
UNC-BLU

Post by UNC-BLU »

Ok, I checked the Oppo forums, the BDP-93 currently won't decode TrueHD in an MKV folder but it will do DTS-MA. Anyone know if BOXEE- BOX plays TrueHD in MKV files via USB HDD connection?
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

Boxee uses libavcodec which has a TrueHD decoder. However, in your case, since you have a receiver, you probably want to pass the audio through to the receiver, not decode it. IDK if Boxee can pass it through (though they do have a dedicated forum where someone should be able to answer you).
UNC-BLU

Post by UNC-BLU »

Romansh wrote:Boxee uses libavcodec which has a TrueHD decoder. However, in your case, since you have a receiver, you probably want to pass the audio through to the receiver, not decode it. IDK if Boxee can pass it through (though they do have a dedicated forum where someone should be able to answer you).

Thanks for the info! Yeah, the pass through on the Boxee
would be great as the Oppo does not currently pass through the TrueHD via bitstream to my receiver
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

Though an alternative would be to decode the TrueHD in Boxee and pass LPCM through to the receiver. I don't know if it's possible, but you may get an answer on the Boxee forum.