[RFE] don't exclude menus

Everything related to MakeMKV
lovelove

[RFE] don't exclude menus

Post by lovelove »

suggestion: don't exclude menus, i.e. also allow menus to be converted to mkv. For those users who like to keep the menus as mkv, it avoids manual conversion. And sometimes MakeMKV excludes what it thinks is a "menu", but in fact isn't one (but is a e.g. a bonus feature video). Happens on some DVDs.

implementation: it could be (1) made optional or (2) listed at the bottom of the tree and be deselected by default, so as not to disturb/confuse users who wouldn't like the feature.
Woodstock

Re: [RFE] don't exclude menus

Post by Woodstock »

It was my understanding that MKV format doesn't define a "menu". This was mentioned earlier in the week in another topic.

Have you adjusted your minimum track length? The default 120 seconds excludes a LOT of "extras". I use 30, and get most everything except menu backgrounds. Setting it to 1 second would get you just about everything on the disk.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
trondmm

Re: [RFE] don't exclude menus

Post by trondmm »

Woodstock wrote:It was my understanding that MKV format doesn't define a "menu". This was mentioned earlier in the week in another topic.
I think there is a way to pack content and mark it as "the menu", but there's no spec on what that content should be yet.

Personally, I'm hoping for a HTML5/CSS3/JavaScript combo, but I don't think it'll happen anytime soon.