"Fatal error occurred" with upgrade to 1.7

Everything related to MakeMKV
Chetwood

Re: "Fatal error occurred" with upgrade to 1.7

Post by Chetwood »

1.7.1 is working for me under Win 7 whereas 1.7.0 did not which is why I assumed it got fixed now for everybody. Apparently it's not.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
yakuza965

Post by yakuza965 »

It certainly isn't. I've now tried all sorts and still can't get it to open properly, always an extremely long (several minute) delay, followed by the "fatal error" message. I have tried with 1.7.0, 1.7.1 and 1.7.2. Once the "fatal error, program will now exit" message comes up and I click ok, the frontend suddenly appears but is not functional. If I close the frontend, makemkvcon64 continues running until killed in task manager.

Has anyone else managed to fix this by anything other than luck?!
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

yakuza965 wrote:It certainly isn't. I've now tried all sorts and still can't get it to open properly, always an extremely long (several minute) delay, followed by the "fatal error" message. I have tried with 1.7.0, 1.7.1 and 1.7.2. Once the "fatal error, program will now exit" message comes up and I click ok, the frontend suddenly appears but is not functional. If I close the frontend, makemkvcon64 continues running until killed in task manager.

Your error is very different to one descibed in this thread - version 1.7.0 had an error when it was crashing in expert mode, but in your case seems that MakeMKV hangs. And it seems to hang during drive scan that suggest that something changed in your drive configuration. What kind of drive do you have, DVD or blu-ray, internal or external?
yakuza965

Post by yakuza965 »

mike admin wrote:
yakuza965 wrote:It certainly isn't. I've now tried all sorts and still can't get it to open properly, always an extremely long (several minute) delay, followed by the "fatal error" message. I have tried with 1.7.0, 1.7.1 and 1.7.2. Once the "fatal error, program will now exit" message comes up and I click ok, the frontend suddenly appears but is not functional. If I close the frontend, makemkvcon64 continues running until killed in task manager.

Your error is very different to one descibed in this thread - version 1.7.0 had an error when it was crashing in expert mode, but in your case seems that MakeMKV hangs. And it seems to hang during drive scan that suggest that something changed in your drive configuration. What kind of drive do you have, DVD or blu-ray, internal or external?
Ok sorry if my error is different - it gets the same popup as others have shown so thought it was the same thing.

I have an LG external blu-ray drive. I've tried starting the program with and without that drive plugged in so with zero drives or one, and the same thing happens either way.