Regret going digital, is it hard to go reverse?

Everything related to MakeMKV
elephantchicken

Regret going digital, is it hard to go reverse?

Post by elephantchicken »

I converted my whole collection to digital, but I miss the physical shelf component to collecting. Is it too much cost and effort to burn the movies onto bluray, print out artwork, etc?

Part of it is I have to use five devices to fit all the movies, there is no cost effective 10TBsolution. The little extra effort of plugging, replugging, turning on the media server, makes me hardly ever watch stuff. I feel as though Im tangled now.
joe42

Re: Regret going digital, is it hard to go reverse?

Post by joe42 »

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5253
elephantchicken

Post by elephantchicken »

Im asking more general [...]
joe42

Post by joe42 »

There is nothing wrong with ripping a disc you obtained legally. These forums are for the discussion of the legitimate uses of MakeMKV, which basically means making MKVs out of discs that are legally in your possession.

You are doubly in the wrong (or perhaps triply):

1) You are posting about something off topic -- not about making MKVs with MakeMKV

2) It seems that your posts are a thinly veiled attempt to ask for help to make illegal copies of movies

3) Unless I miss my guess, you are the same person that posted yesterday with a different user name, which is why I linked to it
robpdotcom

Post by robpdotcom »

elephantchicken wrote:I converted my whole collection to digital, but I miss the physical shelf component to collecting. Is it too much cost and effort to burn the movies onto bluray, print out artwork, etc?
If it's your collection, then just put the shelf back up. Surely you didn't just throw away all of your discs.