legal

Everything related to MakeMKV
scdadd

legal

Post by scdadd »

can i make legally make or rip movies to my computer?
setarip_old

Re: legal

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

I may sound harsh, but I wouldn't ask that question of a bunch of faceless strangers at a forum. More importantly, I certainly wouldn't rely on answers posted to this or similar forums.

The only people qualified to even attempt to answer such a question would be practicing attorneys (or law professors) of your country, who specialize in copyright and related laws...
celavey

Post by celavey »

I agree. For such question, you can ask for a legal consultation just to be sure.
lpcmissues

Post by lpcmissues »

It shouldn't matter as long as you own the movie you're ripping and only use the rip for personal viewing.
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

You're right, but it matters what country you are in.

SC
joe42

Post by joe42 »

setarip_old wrote: The only people qualified to even attempt to answer such a question would be practicing attorneys (or law professors) of your country, who specialize in copyright and related laws...
Which situation I find to be extremely sad. When the law is so complex that ordinary people cannot determine whether doing something is illegal without devoting their life to studying the law, then something is very wrong with the law.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Granted. Which is why most people just don't care and rip the stuff they paid for anyway. Still, it would be nice to see a convert only version of MakeMKV (similar to DVD Shrink DeCSS-frei) to be hosted safely on German pages.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch