BRAVE DVD anyone?

Everything related to MakeMKV
DoubleSpeed

Re: BRAVE DVD anyone?

Post by DoubleSpeed »

chuga wrote:that seemed to work. I got found track 6 (from mpc-hc) and found it in makemkv. The audio sync issue is fixed now!

thanks for the help

one more quick question....I unchecked all of the other tracks but when you expand those tracks the audio/subtitles within them are still checked. Do I also need to go into each unchecked track and uncheck audio/subtitle boxes?

thanks
chuga
How did/do you use mpc-hc to find track 6?
DoubleSpeed

Post by DoubleSpeed »

Sorry guys I'm still struggling how to find the correct track id for this, can anyone help/clarify for me?

Please see the attached screen shot my lowest ID appears to be 11?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (51.21 KiB) Viewed 8603 times
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

Your disc might be mastered differently to make things irritating to legitimate users. Play it with either a DVD player that will let you see what title it is playing or an application like VLC that will let you see what title it is playing. That is the title you want to look for. Also, the titles might not be in numerical order, so go through the different selections to find it.

SC
PacMama

Post by PacMama »

Tolken wrote:Yes, Brave rips fine.

If I recall correctly I did it the same way I did every other recent disney.

Insert DVD, have MakeMKV Open the disc (load it up, whatever you consider it)
Once the titles are loaded open up VLC (VideoLAN Client) and go through the menu for a normal widescreen playback.
Take note of the ACTUAL TITLE that VLC uses for playback.

Select ONLY THAT TITLE in MakeMKV.

Rinse and repeat if I want any of the extras (like the usual Pixar shorts)

Notes:
The dvd I ripped was from the dvd/br combo pack.
Hope you don't mind me bumping an old thread, but my first post here (another post) is similar to this issue. I'm trying to figure out how to "go through the menu" with VLC player to figure out which title VLC uses for playback. I already loaded/opened the movie I'm trying to rip with MakeMKV (Beauty and the Beast) and I have VLC player open. I can only see with VLC where I can open each individual track, but can't tell exactly where to play the movie and view the title it's playing. Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!! :D
Romansh

Post by Romansh »